Biggest Loser - May contain Spoilers...dont read if you have

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
okay well i have been dying to talk to someone about this weeks biggest loser....

i think the biggest complaint most people have about the show, or at least the people i have talked to, is that they dont show the process enough....we see the drama, the workouts, the competitions, some cooking, some recipes, the weighins, but no real HOW DO THEY DO THIS?????

i felt like this week there were some real life tips regular people could take away....after last week when jillian blasted rulon about his chip/salsa binge, it was nice this week to see her sit down with him and find out why.....then the whole discussion of feeling deprived, not being able to enjoy the foods you love, but that you actually can IN MODERATION, that when you deprive yourself of the things you desire you BINGE eat and then fall off the wagon sometimes never to return....

also, the whole thing with courtney and her slowed down weight loss...yeah 5, 4, 3, 2 lbs a week is great but when you are working your @ss off literally 6-8hrs a day and eating a 1500???? calorie diet you should be throwing some huge numbers up there every week - at least 5-8lbs at her weight (232)....it was nice to hear brett talk to her about starvation mode and how if you lowered her burns and upped her calories it might actually make a difference.....this week it didnt for her and she went home but i can guarantee you, if she had made it thru the weighin and continued doing what she changed up this week she would have broken thru her "plateau"....

i also liked that when courtney got home she was going to work with the dairy queen rep to get some healthier items back on the menu...i mean, when you are trying to lose weight you dont typically go to dairy queen but if you do want a treat, the healthier options should always be there.....

i actually felt like they were giving us some good tips this week versus the ridiculous product placement.....

anyway, what were your thoughts on this particular episode?? or this season for that matter??

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the exact same things while watching this week's episode as well! Especially the starvation mode segment. I just experienced the same thing. When people like Courtney and I spend 9 months to a year losing weight on a low calorie, high exercise diet, it just gets to a point where that doesn't work anymore. And kudos to Brett for recognizing that and telling her to eat MORE and not less. We saw that she had lost like another 20 lbs since being home in the final segment of the show, so it's good to know she did figure things out again. I can't wait to see her at the finale. She's my favorite contestant from any season because she reminds me so much of myself.
  • JennyG73
    JennyG73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love biggest loser and I love Courtney! I was bummed she was sent home because she is so positive and still has weight to lose. I'm glad that Brett addressed the eat more to lose because I think we all need to hear it, even if it's hard to really "get"....
    I agree that it would be great to see more of what really goes on at the ranch, but I did read, I think in Runner's World, that the contestants basically weigh in dehydrated. That will easily take 2-5 lbs off depending on how much they sweat out earlier.
    I can't wait to see Courtney at the finale...I really wanted her to win. Now I have to pick another fav.... :tongue:
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser but always forget its on till the end. I did watch this weeks whole episode and liked it. I really liked how Jillian sat down with the guy (forgot his name) and helped him figure out why he was eating badly. The one thing I dont get is how some of these people work out for 6 hrs or so and only lose 1-2 lbs. Shouldnt they be losing more? Can someone explain that to me. Esp the people who weigh alot and should be losing weight alot quicker.
    Thanks