Earned Calories

Options
I don't know if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if you are supposed to eat the calories you burn off exercising? I thought I read that somewhere...but it sounds a bit like it defeats the purpose :noway:

Replies

• nelagins
    nelagins Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't know if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if you are supposed to eat the calories you burn off exercising? I thought I read that somewhere...but it sounds a bit like it defeats the purpose :noway:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Most people say yes.

That does not work for me. I have tried it...for weeks and I have gained weight.

I eat some of them, but not all of them. For example, today I burned 880 calories on a 20 mile bike ride. I wear a heart rate monitor so I feel like this is pretty accurate. My calorie allowance before exercise is 1300. I ate 17 hundred and some change.

So with that being said, try it. It works for a lot of people here. It just does not for me. I have talked to my doctor and a nutrtionist and they see nothing wrong with the way I am doing it. Talk to your doctor, try eating all the earned calories and see if it works for you. I wish it worked for me. I really wanted it to, but after gaining ten pounds back in two months and all the hard work I put in exercising, I was growing quite frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. that is when I decided to talk to my experts where I live and they advised me to find what works for my body. 1700 calories is not starving me. I am not light headed or dizzy and I am not hungry and I am losing weight.