Confusion

Options
I got one the scale today to weigh in to monitor weight loss since my last weigh in (on Sunday- I typically weight 1-2 times a week). It only showed a .2lb loss. I was hoping for, and expecting more. Since I'm eating and exercising with the intention of hitting the 2lb loss per week (which I hit the week before) I expected to see a loss somewhere around .8lbs. I am extremely discouraged.

I've really tried to better my nutrition this past week or so as well as building better workouts. I have taken days off running, but I always fill in with other cardio in place of it. I added yoga back. I added circuit training routines two days out of last week that left me sweating more than running sometimes does. I started counting net calories burned as opposed to gross calories burned even. I upped my calories slowly (just 150-100 more than what I was eating- which my calories needed to be upped for what exercise I'm doing and calories I'm apparently burning). I added more weights- I feel like I'm getting strong in that respect. I don't understand how I can improve my exercise and nutrition but stop losing weight.

I've also felt like I'm gaining around my midsection. It's odd. I don't know if it's my imagination but since Sunday or a day or so before I've just felt "fatter" I guess- and I see it in the mirror (or perhaps I just think I see it).

I look at the things I have changed and try to see what could be the cause of this change in weight loss results, but I just can't place it. Maybe someone else can see something I can't?

I've been eating 1300-1350 calories a day. I've been staying within the range of carbs (50% calories from carbs), I've been staying within range of fats (25% calories from fats), and I've been getting enough protein (sometimes going over 10 or so grams- 30% calories from protein). I've been doing around 1 hr of cardio a day- strength training 20-30 min almost everyday (not working the same muscle groups two days in a row). I've been doing yoga maybe 3-4 times a week. Added circuit training 35-45 min sessions (only added those this past week- 2 days). So I'm burning around 500-600 Net Calories daily. Leaving me with a deficit of 750-1000 calories each day.
The only other thing I changed was I started drinking a protein shake or two a day last Saturday. (120 cals 1.5 gfat 5g carbs 20g protein). I typically drink them right after a workout with a banana. Could that be the culprit for the lack of weight loss?

Any idea as to why I feel bloated and fat and full constantly- and am convinced I can see a difference in my midsection?

Any help or advice or anything is much appreciated- I'm really beating myself up over this- I thought I was doing well. I have fought so hard to overcome and ED NOS that for me to follow the nutrition plan that others say I should and yet not see the results is hard mentally and emotionally (as I'm sure it is for everyone).

Replies

• jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Big thing to do is measure yourself. Weight is not a good measure of health and changes in your body as muscle weighs more. Also, you say you feel like your midsection is getting bigger, but that might be a mind thing. Get a measuring tape and measure your stomach, biceps, chest and thighs and use those measurements as the real test for how your are doing. Weight is a fickle thing and be affected by so many things, especially for you women. Don't get discouraged-keep going!