daily rewards

mssugarca
mssugarca Posts: 75
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
So in this behavior modification class I took in college it suggested that you reward yourself for each time you change your behavior....with daily, weekly, monthly ect. rewards until you get where your going and so you have a posative emotional connection to what your doing. Now the idea would be that I should not reward myself with the thing im trying to change such as food. So I am coming to you for suggestions on what some daily rewards that I should try when I stay on goal with exercise and food....what do you suggest....what are your idea's? what do you got?

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    I do reward myslef with treats. If I am under my calorie goal by 100+ then I treat myself to a glass of wine or small dessert.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    I reward myself with logging on to MFP and getting kudos from all of the awesome people I have met on here. Really makes my day to get a pat on the back and to return the favor. Also, new work out clothes every so often. :)
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Great idea... that i have not put into practice.

For the "larger" rewards (weekly weigh-in goals or monthly ones), though they cost a little $$, a pedicure or a facial, might be work. For daily, that's more difficult...
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    If the fam is willing to participate, perhaps a massage from the hubby or one of the kids. Or they take over one of your daily small chores for the day, like washing the dishes or cleaning an area? I know I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THAT! LOL
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    It may not be the best for some, but I like Shweedog's suggestion of having a drink. I should be about 407 calories under today (more if I decide to ride the bike tonight). Maybe I'll have a beer or even make the brownies I bought and have reasonable portion.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Hmmmmm I not good with this one my reward is that I go and get a cupcake from my favourite bakery on Saturday mornings lol
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Make time to look after yourself, have a nice bath, paint your nails, do a hair conditioning treatment. For bigger treats then buy an item of clothing, Something nice for your house or garden.

E
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Or they take over one of your daily small chores for the day

Man would I love this ..... but would it happen....doubt it...something to think about great idea :)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    My daily reward is getting on the scale in the morning :)
  • CSM01
    CSM01 Posts: 44 Member
    Rewards are a good idea, though I'm not sure what specificially as a good one.
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    My thoughts for a nice daily reward would be a nice long bath with no interuptions, read a book, paint your nails, a in home pediure (foot baths are pretty cheap at Wal-Mart) , anything small for yourself!!
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    To make myself like my new cleaned up diet, I've started treating myself to a 20 minute lavender Epsom salt bath every other day. A bag of salts is less than $5 at Walmart and it feels heavenly. PLUS the Epsom salts help detoxify your body and soften your skin :)
This discussion has been closed.