Needs some advice, suggestions!!

katnotfat
katnotfat Posts: 58 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!
I wanted to ask for ya'lls opinions. I'm not seeing anything changing on the scale yet and I feel like I'm putting in some good work.
I try and exercise 4-5 times a week and have logged onto MFP for 25 days straight, (yay!)
Here's how I plan on upping my exercise (I mostly do that now, but I will be adding the weight training)

Monday- elliptical 30 min/ free weights for arms
Tuesday- Body Pump Class
Wednesday- Zumba, free weights after the class
Thursday- Body Pump Class
Friday- Elliptical/ free weights for arms
Then on the weekends -try and take my dog for walks.

I also have my nutrition journal open if anyone has any suggestions. I do try and eat my exercise calories and am really trying to eat well-- but not everything I eat is super healthy all the time-- but I'm trying!

I do gotta share one small good choice that I made last night that I was proud of :smile:
I got out of a meeting late, 7:30pm and hadn't eaten dinner.. On my way home I passed tons of fast food places and started to panic a little, heh, and then I stopped at Subway and ate healthy. Yaaay- that was a tough one!

*Sigh* I know I'm seeing a little bit of difference in my body so I should probably just be patient, but it's hard!
Now That I'm putting in the hard work, I wanna see results on the scale!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I need all the help I can get!!

*You guys motivate me, thanks for being awesome and such determined people!!!*

PS- If I'm overreacting... which I probably am, you can say "quit you're b*tching!" but... nicely please, I'm vulnerable :tongue:

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    read this link it should clear things up nicely for you and if it does not then msg me I will help you get it set right. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210894-feed-to-shed-fat
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Hi.....I took a look at your food diary and I would suggest trying to always eat at least 3 meals a day and opt for low-calorie, low-fat choices, even if you have to revamp your food supply by going shopping for healthier things.....I don't pretend to have all the answers but I know eat healthy, portion control and exercise is the answer if consistently done! Feel free to add me if you want.....good luck to you!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    I think Baby Duchess is on the right track- I would add to eat at least 1200 calories (net) each day and avoid processed foods as the sodium and other fillers may not help you lose weight or be healthy.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    1) Try to net 1200 calories at least

2) Track your sodium

3) Drink WAY more water
  • jamklgator
    jamklgator Posts: 2 Member
    you are certainly doing plenty of exercise!
    -Lower your carbs, raise your protein
    -Always eat breakfast
    -If you are going to eat carbs, balance them with some protein, i.e. half a bagel and an egg or an apple and some nuts
    -Eat smaller meals, more often, i.e. 5 small meals a day
    -Eat most of your calories prior to the most active part of your day
    -Avoid foods that use up alot of calories, but offer little nutritional value

Hope that helps.
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 58 Member
    That does help alot. I'm a case worker at a mental health clinic and I usually don't take the time to eat in the morning... or have a big lunch either. I'm usually running clients around to doctor appointments and am in my car alot. I will start and try to carry healthy snacks in my car maybe. I can see how it may be working against me to eat my calories after I get to work out. I ususally try and work out right after I get out of work... so by the time I get home, I'm trying to play catch up with my calories. Ugh, balance will come at some point, I hope.
This discussion has been closed.