Time for an introduction

Options
Hello all! My name is Shera, I am a work at home mom to my twin boys who are almost 13 years old. My job is the best as I get to watch one of the most wonderful 4 year olds I know and his 10 year old brother before and after school. I hardly feel like i am working most of the time. The problem is that when I am home, I tend to eat a lot and when we are out and about I have never made the best choices for eating on the run. That has led to me putting on a good 50-60 lbs over the past 10 years. It's time to get myself healthy so I can be around for my boys for many many years. I joined MFP several weeks ago, but hadn't been using it faithfully. I am really trying now and see that it is definitly helping me make better choices!!! I am hoping to start using the message boards for support and to help support others.
Thanks for having me.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey Shera, Welcome! It is hard working from home with any job. So easy to go to the fridge, or pick at food. When I started here I worked from home and I made up a breakfast, snack, lunch and snack just like I was going to work! Even bought a little cooler to put it in.

It really helped get me on track, and once there I was OK.

Glad you have ya!:flowerforyou:
  • StormyNoriega
    Options
    Welcome! =)
  • smataya
    smataya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh, packing my lunch and snacks for the day is a great idea. I've been trying to plan my meals out in my head in the morning and even writing it down (or logging it in my diary here) But still easy to grab stuff out of the fridge or pantry when I walk by.
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome- I always wanted to stay home with my sons when they was young - now the three of them are adults
    I retire in less than a mth and will be home - the pack your meals just like working is a great idea - I will try that because I do eat more when at home - and was a little concerned - add me as friend if you would like