multiple posts:grumble:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    multiple posts:grumble:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    [Hey girlie! Do you mean something about calories or why would you say you walked further than you did? I don't get it? Someone gave me this link to share. You can map your run! http://www.mapmyrun.com/create
    [/quote]

No, certainly not, but what I AM saying is that for example...YOU might work out at the gym taking an aerobics class and THINK you are working at a high intensity level thus giving yourself more 'burned calories' than what you REALLY earned. I guess my mentality is still on the weight watcher way. You earn 'points' for activity and it is VERY subjective. You have to decide if you are working at a low, moderate or high rate of intensity which then determines your actual points earned. So with this way of thinking, SOME people might say they are working at a high intensity when in reality they are working at moderate or low and that means it would GREATLY change the amount of activity points earned. I dont know if I am making sense, but it makes sense to me. And my example on walking wasnt about distance, it was about how fast because that makes a difference on calories burned as well, not so much how far, but how fast and how long. SO, I know when I walk I can walk just over 4 miles in one hour so I put 4.0 MPH in my speed when I am trying to calculate my calories burned...BUT someone else might not pay ANY attention to how are they are walking, they just walk 30 minutes and then guess the rest...it would make a HUGE difference on burned calories. SO, back to my original post, exercise can be very tricky. If you are eating all your exercise points and NOT losing over time, then you are either adding too many exercise points or your body is just different.
    Thats all I meant.
    Blessings!
    Kathey
    PS LOVE that site...we use it for our training walks....(especially when we are walking 20 miles in a day we need to find bathroom stops Ü)
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    Options
    I eat most or all of my earned exercise cals. I tried to not do this a while back and my body started to get used to less calories and I reached a plateau with no where to go from there (couldn't cut back cals anymore without going into starvation mode). SO eat!

PS I don't know if anyone else is bothered by the title of this post but I feel that some of these "old-fashioned sayings are a bit outdated and barbaric sounding such as: "beating a dead horse", "killing two birds with one stone", "more than one way to skin a cat", etc.
    Many people don't think about where sayings come from and their real meaning because they are so used to hearing and saying them. Just in case you didn't know...a "rule of thumb" is how thick a branch or stick should be to beat a woman (as thick as your thumb).
    It kind of makes me feel bad to keep seeing the title of this post in the recent post list.
    I'm not trying to be PC but I feel that in these modern times we can try to avoid some unnecessary outdated phrases.

Oh, and I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, if that what you are thinking...:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I eat my 1200 cals a day, eat all my exercise cals (usually around 250), and then typically eat another 1-200 cals in addition....

... and I'm still dropping weight FAST.

I'm down 8 lbs in 4 weeks. 5 weeks? I can't count. Anyhow, 8 lbs, one pant size gone since the last week of June. Permanent weight loss occurs slowly, which is what I'm going for, and this weight is staying off (I am amazed!).

I :heart: MFP!