P90X on the list

Options
How do I get my P90X workouts on the exercise list? They burn lots of calories and I'm having to try and find something that is "equivalent" to what I'm doing. I do P90X and Insanity.... Any advice?

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Under Exercise, click "Add Exercise" and input P90X. It won't come up. So...just under the frame, you'll see "Add an exercise to the database".

Click on that. Add the name of the workout and the calories you got from your HRM. Otherwise, you'd just be guessing.
  • khaas14
    khaas14 Posts: 6
    Options
    Whats the HMR? :smile:
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Whats the HMR? :smile:

heart rate monitor. if your doing p90x i highly suggest one! thats the best way to know how many calories your burning. i have seen ppl say they log their workouts as circuit training or aerobics high intensity and then just input their calories burned by what their hrm says
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Add it yourself. I do Turbo Fire and add all of my workouts.
  • khaas14
    Options
    Awesome. I wear my heart rate monitor all the time. So do I need to write down how long I'm in my target zone? Or what info do I need to calculate it?
  • AdamATGATT
    Options
    Awesome. I wear my heart rate monitor all the time. So do I need to write down how long I'm in my target zone? Or what info do I need to calculate it?

What model do you have?

I start my Polar FT4 at the beginning of a workout, and stop it at the end. It calculates the calories burned for that time period, based upon my average heart rate.
  • khaas14
    Options
    I wear a sport line. I bought it for my boyfriend for christmas and we both use it.
  • AdamATGATT
    Options
    I wear a sport line. I bought it for my boyfriend for christmas and we both use it.

Okay. If you're both using it, be sure to change the bio data (age, gender, height, weight, etc) so it's set for you when you're using it. Otherwise, it's going to be off. Also, it's best to only use it during strenuous activities or exercise. HRM's (beside BodyBugg and BodyMedia units), are not made to be worn all the time and during low intensity activities. The calorie count will be off.