Let HER be your motivation!!

Options
I think ALL women are guilty of this little accusation... but I will be the first to admit it! I've found myself many times staring with envy (and at times anger) at that beautiful woman in the gym that catches everyone's attention. (Not just the men.) You know the one... she has the perfect body, a golden tan, and smile that lights up the whole place, doesn't look like she even needs to be in a gym... and yet we all have seen her, know her, or if we're the lucky ones, we are her. I personally used to hate that girl until I found out a bit of information... our particular gym beauty didn't used to look the way she does now. She worked just as hard as I am to get to the place she is now and continues to work that much harder to stay that way. Our gym beauty is now a spin instructor who has the confidence to be in front of a whole group of people working out. When I watch her on that stage spin it shows us all we can do just as well, I'm going to let her be my motivation and become a gym beauty myself! :wink:

Replies

• savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea...
    What I noticed is I had to become "one of those people" who was always at the gym. You know how there is that group that is like, always there? I realized that had to become me. Now we don't even bring our membership cards to check in, they all know us. Most of my friends are there and if I don't go to the gym, it is totally a let down.
    I'm going to be HER someday! I'll be the zumba instructor and tell them that I started out at 250lbs...so if I can do it, so can they!
    :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is a great motivation! Thanks for the pick-me-up =)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I think you already are a beauty!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I think ALL women are guilty of this little accusation... but I will be the first to admit it! I've found myself many times staring with envy (and at times anger) at that beautiful woman in the gym that catches everyone's attention. (Not just the men.) You know the one... she has the perfect body, a golden tan, and smile that lights up the whole place, doesn't look like she even needs to be in a gym... and yet we all have seen her, know her, or if we're the lucky ones, we are her. I personally used to hate that girl until I found out a bit of information... our particular gym beauty didn't used to look the way she does now. She worked just as hard as I am to get to the place she is now and continues to work that much harder to stay that way. Our gym beauty is now a spin instructor who has the confidence to be in front of a whole group of people working out. When I watch her on that stage spin it shows us all we can do just as well, I'm going to let her be my motivation and become a gym beauty myself! :wink:

I think I blogged about this SAME exact girl months ago, now she is my best friend :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JennaMarie222/view/this-is-why-i-m-awesome-insert-sarcasm-37672
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Soniebug
    Soniebug Posts: 2
    Options
    This is a great idea. Keep up the good work and you will be her!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Why are we quick to be haters when really like you said if we took the time to get to know the person behind the 'beauty' she or he would really be a heck of alot like us!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good thread
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I know all about "her" and I used to be sooooo jealous. In fact I used to rationalize and say that she was just one of those lucky people who was genetically blessed to look like that and therefore she wasn't having to work for it like I do. That was back when I was a chubby gym rat... always there working out but always thicker than I wanted to be too. Then one day I quit making excuses for myself and my poor diet and decided that I was going to get this weight off and have that body I've always longed for. Now you know what... I AM "that girl!" People are asking my advice now and it feels so fantastic. I have worked hard for every single bit of muscle I've gained and every pound I've lost. It didn't come easy for me and I will never again make the assumption that "that girl" is really fit because she was just born that way. This takes work. Period. What's great though is that anyone can do it if they discipline themselves...
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I know all about "her" and I used to be sooooo jealous. In fact I used to rationalize and say that she was just one of those lucky people who was genetically blessed to look like that and therefore she wasn't having to work for it like I do. That was back when I was a chubby gym rat... always there working out but always thicker than I wanted to be too. Then one day I quit making excuses for myself and my poor diet and decided that I was going to get this weight off and have that body I've always longed for. Now you know what... I AM "that girl!" People are asking my advice now and it feels so fantastic. I have worked hard for every single bit of muscle I've gain and ever pound I've lost. It didn't come easy for me and I will never again make the assumption that "that girl" is really fit because she was just born that way. This takes work. Period. What's great though is that anyone can do it if they discipline themselves...
    Totally agree with this post. I could have written this. :)
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    so agree! couldn't agree with you more on this one! good post!