My 1-Year Anniversary on MFP

Options
I realized that today is my 1-year anniversary since starting here on MFP. I have lost 36 pounds so far. Have there been ups and downs....of course!! Do I always log in absolutely everything...no. Some days I will go 2 days without logging food because I get sick of it, but I always check in and always find a post that motivates me back into logging. I owe the logging of what I put in my mouth to my success. Thank you for making this site available!! I wish everyone the best of luck!

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!! Great job on keeping up your lifestyle change!
    Looking back, what advice would you give to us newbies just starting out, not only here on MFP, but staring out eating better and exercising? Any changes?
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversay!!! Last month was my 1 year anniversary so I know how you feel about logging. I too go for days without
    logging then I read something and get me inspired again. It is a great site!!

:flowerforyou:
    Mary
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary. Mine was last week and i posted a similar blurb on my blog (see link below). I lost 32 lbs which is almost as much as you have! Congrats on your success!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done great!!!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Kim! You sooo rock...doing great! Great! Great!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!! Great job on keeping up your lifestyle change!
    Looking back, what advice would you give to us newbies just starting out, not only here on MFP, but staring out eating better and exercising? Any changes?

My advice would be at first to log absolutely everything that goes into your mouth includes licks, bites and tastes. It gives you an idea of how many calories you are getting. I don't always make the healthiest choices, but I do try to stay within my calorie range. For exercise choose something that you enjoy. It is easier to stick with. Sometimes I will go a couple days without exercising and then get right back into it. Good luck on your lifestyle change because that is what it is. We have to fit it into our everyday living and make it work for us!!