Getting started!

Kreulty
Kreulty Posts: 3 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
So I'm here at the recommendation of a friend. I used to weight 120 lbs. and could bench that weight. Now I'm almost 180 lbs and I don't think I could bench a fraction of that. I have joined a gym but I also travel a lot for work. If anyone has any recommendations for the limits of a hotel gym I would live to hear them. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to have people in my similar situation to follow for motivation and to share ideas with.

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    The Insanity DVD series uses no weights so you can easily do that anywhere you can watch a DVD... it's amazing for cardio & if you can do 75% of it, which i do, you are probably burning at leat 460 calories. or carry some resistence bands w/you b/c they travel well also.
  • Uncle Ted is an airline pilot for UAL so I get the traveling problem. Answer: P90X.

I'm on month 10 (4th cycle of the program), have lost 40 lbs and can do more push-ups/pull-ups than I could when I was 25 years-old in the Marines. 47 now and have never been more fit. Even the worst hotel gyms provide the necessary equipment for the P90X program and many of the DVD's can be accomplished in the privacy of your own hotel room. Also, many hotels have agreements with local Gold's or 24 Hour Fitness sites and will shuttle you to the gym if you need it.

6 months of MFP and P90X and you won't recognize yourself.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.