Workout Without the Weightloss?

Options
I have been walking 2.5 miles each morning for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I do this in about 40 minutes and my heartrate is up, so I know I'm getting a workout. Plus, my legs get pretty sore because I'm actually moving....LOL.

Here's my deal....I haven't really lost much weight.....maybe just a couple of pounds and that really depends upon which day I weigh myself.

I can tell that I've lost a bit of weight around my tummy and below my bra strap. Yeah me! Is it possible that I am toning and gaining a bit of muscle at the same rate that I am burning so the scale doesn't really show that much progress is being made?

Anyone else experience this?

Sabrina

Replies

• sabrina0329
    Options
    I have been walking 2.5 miles each morning for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I do this in about 40 minutes and my heartrate is up, so I know I'm getting a workout. Plus, my legs get pretty sore because I'm actually moving....LOL.

Here's my deal....I haven't really lost much weight.....maybe just a couple of pounds and that really depends upon which day I weigh myself.

I can tell that I've lost a bit of weight around my tummy and below my bra strap. Yeah me! Is it possible that I am toning and gaining a bit of muscle at the same rate that I am burning so the scale doesn't really show that much progress is being made?

Anyone else experience this?

Sabrina
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    Very possible, and it happens to everyone! Don't get discouraged! I think it took me just over three weeks to see a difference on the scale when I started to work out. Keep it up!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That could be part of it. I suggest that you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and just keep under your daily totals, and the scale WILL start moving downward for you!
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    I think I am slipping in the water department. I am drinking some everyday but maybe not as much as I should be....a little off topic but the last post made me think I should improve in that area.
    I know this may sound silly but.....how many regular water bottles of water make up the recommended 8 glasses of water?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    not only is it possible. you should remember, 2 and 1/2 weeks isn't a lot of time from your body's perspective, to lose a couple of lbs in that time is GREAT! Even if it's only 2 lbs, thats just under 1 lb per week, which is AWESOME. It's a nice, safe way to lose, gives your body enough time to adjust. A lot of people like to try to lose a ton all at once, and even if they do, it usually means you'll hit a big time plateau somewhere along the line, cuz eventually, your body's going to realize its changing and it will stop the hectic reduction.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    you are so right. In my first two weeks I lost 12lbs....then nothing for almost 2 weeks...now i seem to be loosing approx. 2lbs a week and I am super happy with that.
  • harmsway01
    Options
    i know its hard, but try to only weigh yourself on 15 or 30 day increments. you will see more change and therefore mentally it is more motivating