constipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
please,please,please, ideas asap, was like clockwork before I started dieting, starting to feel like a bloated pig, I dont want to resort to medication so does anyone have any foodstuff hints n tips to help, PLEASE :sick: :sad: :embarassed:

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots. But be warned, you don't need many lol :laugh:
  • melissamauney
    Options
    Lots of water, exercise, and up your fiber.
  • Alanismans0n
    Alanismans0n Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Applesauce. Works every time for me. Maybe it will work for you. :)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    you are not getting enough fiber in your diet. go over in this area and you will not have this problem. for temp relief, get some Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea Cleanse. It's in a red box at Wal-mart. Steep it for at least 5 minutes and drink it. Once you have started eating enough fiber you will not need this.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of water and fiber in your diet. And plums help me in my times of need but have not needed them in so long now!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jelly bellys! The label even warns for a laxative effect.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I agree with the others. . .more water & more fiber!!
  • adriperez
    adriperez Posts: 20
    Options
    Ive always had problems with constipation. I find that probiotics work best. You can get them at any pharmacy, and they are not meds they are vitamins. You take before your meals.
    Or if you dont want to take a supplemental vitamin, try Activia. That worked really well with me. I just didnt like taking yogurt everyday. And the taste is something you also have to get accustomed to.
    Good Luck!
  • supermommy11
    Options
    I was having the same problem really bad... I got to a point where I literally couldn't eat or even drink water because I felt like if I put anything into my body I would burst... I tried laxitives and enemas and they gave me some relief, but it would start again as soon as I was able to use the restroom. I was drinking fiber too thinking that I was not getting enough and even that did not help. A few weeks ago, I started eating salad for dinner with whatever meat I cooked for my family, and it has helped sooooo much! If I miss one day of eating my salad, I feel bloated and nasty. Even if it is just a small side salad, it helps enormously... Try that see how you feel.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I too was frustrated with the same issue... I was eating plenty of fiber and I was drinking plenty of water... but still nothing. Finally, someone suggested taking Magnesium supplements. I take between 500-1000mg/day and it has helped LOADS (no pun intended!). :-)
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You need fiber and water....lots of it....an :embarassed: easy go to for lots of fiber is an apple....good luck!:embarassed:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jelly bellys! The label even warns for a laxative effect.

*Makes note for April Fools day 2012*
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    add some fresh... not canned.... not frozen.... vegetables to your diet. grapes (with the skins) work every time.
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    If you've had this problem for long, you might also want to consider taking a stool softener.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can easily track your fiber by going under "Tools" at the top of your page, and you can customize your tracking from there. Personally I need about 25g of fiber a day. I think tracking sodium is also a big help in losing weight. Good luck and I hope much 'relief' is headed your way!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    You have my sympathy. I always seem to get constipated when I start a diet.

My advice :

1) Drink LOTS of water.

2) Try a soluble fiber supplement (I use Citrucel).

3) Try to go for a walk after you eat.

Lastly, and this is just a personal thing that may not work for you, I eat a couple of handfuls or raw almonds every day.
    This seems to add the right amount of fiber to my diet.
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I too was frustrated with the same issue... I was eating plenty of fiber and I was drinking plenty of water... but still nothing. Finally, someone suggested taking Magnesium supplements. I take between 500-1000mg/day and it has helped LOADS (no pun intended!). :-)

Same Experience
  • eorourke23
    Options
    thank you so so much for everyones tips, I am on the water right now, apricots and activia are coming morrow with the shopping and lots more fibre foods. I never realised it was such a popular problem among dieters, I have also gone back onto the green tea so fingers crossed IT happens soon, VERY SOON lol, thanks everyone once again :love: