My job interview.....

Options
2»

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    You would think considering the mean age of the employees there is 24-26 and it's in Fulton Market. I walked into the office and what movie instantly came to mind? The scene from Boiler Room when he walks in on the sales office for the first time.

Well, do you remember how that movie ended? Instead of being nervous about not getting the job, I'd be more worried that you might actually get it. Ha.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You would think considering the mean age of the employees there is 24-26 and it's in Fulton Market. I walked into the office and what movie instantly came to mind? The scene from Boiler Room when he walks in on the sales office for the first time.

Well, do you remember how that movie ended? Instead of being nervous about not getting the job, I'd be more worried that you might actually get it. Ha.

I will admit there was a ton of nice cars outside but no kids shootin craps or Fedex envelopes full of money....
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I mean, honestly, do you want to work for people that treat you like this? I work at a Private Equity firm in NYC and they're NICER and more accommodating!

Truth is, if you're the best guy for the job, you'll get hired. If not, it wasn't meant to be and you can thank your lucky stars that you're not working for people who don't take into consideration that you may have been stuck in traffic, etc. They'll harp on a lot more things in the future!

You're smart and you're qualified, you'll get the best job for YOU! I lost out on a job before I took the one I'm at presently and I thank God every day that I didn't get it even thought I wanted it SO badly then!