For ladies whos SW is/was under 150lbs...

Options
Hi Ladies...

My starting weight was 142lbs and I want to try and make it to 120lbs or under.

I am not over weight for my height (5'3) and have heard it is harder to lose weight because of this. (might be true... might be complete bol**ks!)

Anyways, wondered if any other girls on here who just want to lose that extra wobble (muffin tops in my case!) would like to be friends on here to share tips when it comes to losing just those few stubborn pounds!!

:)

Replies

• BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    HI, looks like we have the same goal, Im kind of not doing anything right now apart from watching what I eat. I pinched a nerve in my neck and have been told to let it heal before hitting the gym again.
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I started here in September in the 140s. Managed to get down all the way to 130, but I fell off the diet wagon when I had a health scare. I gained a couple pounds back, so now I am back... On day 2! Trying to get adjusted again!! :)
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm150 lbs on the dot right now (5'5) and I want to get between 125-130lbs.. I hit 130lbs last summer and it took A LOT of hard work... I've been going back and forth between the 140-150 range for the past couple months but have finally started to buckle down.. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, seems like we're in the same boat :)
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my CW is 142lbs... my GW is 135lbs and I'm finding it the hardest time ever just to get under 140!! I'm just being patient and I know it will start to go down.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My SW was 141, I'm now 137 and trying to get to 115.
    I'm only 5'1" so to start I had a BMI of 26 and trying to get BMI to 21.
    This makes me feel good that starting under 150 is just "extra wobble" :)
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was 145lbs (5`-4`) when I joined MFP...GW 125lbs..CW 134lbs..

DIET DIET DIET, this is key to shedding that last bit of weight.. you can add me as a friend if u want to see my diary..

Good Luck Ladies!

9lbs left!
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    So glad there are loads out there in the same boat as me!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    140lbs here (down from 187) my goal weight is 130, my idel weight is 125. I'm 5'2
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have about 15 pounds to reach my goal and the weight has just stopped coming off! I read some tips on here yesterday about adding some strength training to my exersice because all I was doing is cardio ALOT of cardio and nothing was happening. So yesterday I started with the strength training and gonna switch off doing that every other day. Hopefully that does the trick. The last pounds may be hard to get off but we can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • NoahGayDaniels
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my MFPSW was 145lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 110lbs. I've been going back and forth the last couple of months. It'll take forever for me to get under the 145-line again. But I'm just watching what I eat and exercise. (:

Good luck and stay strong!
    xxx Noah
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    140lbs here (down from 187) my goal weight is 130, my idel weight is 125. I'm 5'2

You look great! Can I add you we have the same goal. And almost same height. :happy:
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    same here!! I am 5'1 and at 135 right now. I am wanting to be about 118 ish, although I am not so focused on the number as my jeans that no longer fit! I wonder if the buckle would let me return jeans from a year ago because I gained weight? haha! I doubt it...wouldnt that be nice though!!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im 5'3 and my starting weight was 135, and now down to 128:) Hoping to get down to around 115ish, but ya, definitely finding it a lot harder to lose weight. Im basically losing about 0.5 pounds a week.....very slow, but at least its coming off......slowly lol
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'4" and my SW was 147 and my goal is somewhere around 120 as well. What I'm doing is eating as clean and as healthy as I can with a 1200 calorie goal and exercising at least 4 days a week. I do eat back my excercise calories as well. It's coming off slowly but it is coming off!
  • mmulheren
    mmulheren Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 5'4, CW is 140, trying to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight 115-120. I go to the gym 3 x a week, and trying to watch what i eat. It's hard loosing the last few pounds.
    You can add me if you want :)
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Same here.

I'm currently between 145/147(149 during TOM) and it's not budging. I am eating cleaner than I was for the most part and ALWAYS do a mix of cardio, strength, resistance and body weight. My lowest was 134 or something, but I had issues of a 6 month delay of period, and low estrogen and had to be put on BC to regulate it. Not myth or not, I swear to god It is not coming off as easily as it was without the BC. I know it's a myth but honestly I swear it has to do something with it.. i've improved so much cardio wise and my strength has always been pretty good.

Oh well, on MFP trying at it. My goal is about 120 give or take. I actually(at 5'6'') was at 116lb once,.. only thing was I had no period for 4 years and 4 months. After gaining I had it.. DAMN WOMEN THINGS. Lol.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm also 5'3'' and my goal is 120 ( by 4th of July )
    I started at 158 in January right now I am 149

Feel free to add me if you'd like !
  • gottabekd
    gottabekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 145lbs... managed to shave off 1lb in the first week and a half somehow, though I'm under no illusions that that will keep up. I want to get down to 130, that's where I was when I looked and felt best. I'm finding that the MFP calorie counter is a great help, I've never really kept track of what I eat and I think this is the key to me getting to where I want to be. I walk every day and work out 3 days a week (for the past 2 weeks, that is!).
  • SerenaP82
    SerenaP82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'2" my weight fluctuates between 133 and 140. My goal is to get under 130 and STAY THERE!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I started here at 144lbs, but I was 148lbs in about the middle of January. I'm now 135lbs and hoping to get to 129lbs. I REALLY want to just be in the twenties lol.

I'm on day 25 of P90X and I have 65 days to go :) I'm pretty excited to see the results!

I've found if pretty hard to get the last few pounds off (and keep them off haha).