Food Diary Help

Options
So today is 1 month of my new lifestyle. I weigh in every week on Thursday same time of the day on the same scale. I have had consistent success but now finding the motivation to be lacking from what it was 2 weeks ago. Heck i even ate a donut yesterday but walked it off on a off exercise day. staying under calories is easy for me but I am just hungry all day.

I am going to make my food diary public in hopes someone may be able to look at it for the last two weeks or so and see if they notice any red flags that may catch up with me down the road. I appreciate any and all feedback. Here's hoping to another 3 lbs down this week.

Replies

• bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium, all the processed breads, chesse etc, are loaded with sodium........
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    ur sodium over on quite a few days, and u dont have much water:smile:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You sodium is consistently over.

Can I suggest you opt out of the packaged sides and go for fresher fare? The packaged noodles and such are ok once in a while, but often they add salt as a "flavor enhancer"

Try things like plain rice, pasta with tomato sauce instead.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I dont see a lot of vegetables in your diary. I feel like they fill me up but dont have a lot of calories. Maybe you could eat half a sandwich then a dark green leaf salad. I have a handful of carrots with lunch and it helps me stay full until after school (I am a teacher). Also the meal shakes never keep me as full. I guess it is because your body doesnt have to break too much down. Hope this helps. If I drink the right amount of water I dont feel as hungry. I read somewhere that you can sometimes confuse thirst for hunger.
  • davesqueen
    Options
    From the looks of your diary, you are consistantly over on your sodium and your water intake is lacking. Drinking water cleanses that additional sodium out of your body. You also have alot of protein which is ok if you are excercising alot. But the protein mixed with the sodium and lack of water could cause you to have kidney stones.
  • bahill818
    bahill818 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a clear issue for me. When first starting down this road I tried to make this a easy transition for me. While a lot of days I only do the shakes for breakfast and lunch i told myself you can eat whatever you want for dinner as long as its under 1k calories. This is now something I am going to begin to change. Those sides are a weakness, i love em :-). I try to do 2 veggies for dinner, the problems is i only like 2, corn and asparagus. Does anyone know of easy/fast to make sides of similar nature to what I am eating but perhaps a little less sodium?

As far as water goes I almost always drink 8-10 cups but do not update it religiously. Its odd, one month ago i could go all day without one single drink of water.

I do appreciate the feedback and am always looking for new ideas.