Greetings

Options
My name is Mike and I am fat, I hate being this way and want to change. I used to work in a restaurant where, ironically, i was able to keep my weight down. Now I work in an office and in the last year have gained 30 lbs, My problem is I don't eat enough, I eat once a day in the evening and spend the rest of the day drinking sweet tea, I don't eat alot of sweets as I have never really had the desire for them.
I hope that this site will help me achieve my goal of 2lbs per week, i have 360 days till I turn 40 and want to be down to 165. So here it goes.

Replies

• monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am starting my journey (again) today as well. I am going to strive to plan out my meals in advance, and cut out the sweet drinks I love so much. It is common to gain weight when you go from a mobile job type to a sitting job type. I am a full time student with most of my classes online, so I spend a lot of time on my butt in front of the computer. Just remember to stay positive and remind yourself that you can do this.
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both. This site is wonderful and the people are encouragoing. You can add me if you'd like. Welcome to the journey!!
  • topdiva
    topdiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    Best of luck to you. I really think that you hit the nail on the head. You don't eat enough. I have had people telling me that for a year now as I have struggled to use my final 15 pounds. I would lose, gain, lose and gain again. I have found since using this program which by the way I have tried several. I have been able to keep an accurate log and have noticed that not only do I get way more to eat, I eat healthier and feel better. I have been logging for awhile now and have noticed that when I get my 1500 calories in I'm able to lose. When I fall below that my weight creeps up, just doesn't seem right but is! Anyway, welcome and it sounds like your on the right track!
    Traci