Pregnancy and MFP - Anyone?

Options
I've used MFP for about a year now to lose weight. I love this site and I love tracking my food intake. I am now just over 12 weeks pregnant and am looking to continue to use MFP to monitor my food intake, to make sure I have a healthy pregnancy and don't go overboard with the weight gain. Since I have a normal BMI, my doctor recommended I gain between 25-35lbs, my goal is set to 30 lbs (that gives me 1lb a week).

I'm not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as I, but it would be nice to start a friends list of other people in a similar situation. I won't be of much assistance with trying to help others lose weight since my goal is to gain a pound a week. But if someone needs some help in sticking to pregnancy related food intake without gaining a ton of weight rather than weight loss, I'm here! Once I have the baby I will be back on track to lose all the baby weight, and then some.

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'll be pregnant in the next month or two so if you start a group I'd like to stalk it until then and then join. Good luck and congrats!!! :)
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks pregnant! I use MFP to track my food intake as well as track my calcium to make sure I am getting enough each day for the baby and to track my sodium intake (because I eat lean cuisines for lunches so I have to watch it the rest of the day).

Add me if you'd like!

Love hearing that someone else is in the same boat as me! :o)
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get pregnant at the end of this summer too and have been using MFP since January to get myself healthy and at a good starting weight before I get pregnant. I definitely want to continue to use this program throughout my pregnancy, so please let me know or friend me so I can see how it worked for you - and what your doctor advised you. Thanks!

Liz
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Whenever we have another one, I'll use MFP to help me maintain my weight until the 2nd or 3rd trimester, and try to keep it limited to 15 lbs tops. :)
  • Joaninha777
    Options
    add me i'd love to know this too, I plan to get pregnant at the end of this summer :)