I need some motivational help to get me moving

Options
It's not exactly the food diet I need help with I'm getting to grips with that now, but I need some motivational help to get me exercising in the day. I want to apply for the Royal Marines and when I'm in college working out I get really motivated with the class, but we do it once a week and the rest of the week I'm unmotivated to do anything on my own. It would be good having people to talk to daily and having to feel the need to keep my exercise levels good in return for their support and also give them the support back!

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    have fun with whatever you do!
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    You definetly need support. If I can do that for you, let me know. I work out for 6 hours a week. I would not be able to do it without the support of my family and friends. Do you have friends that you can work out with? Is there a local walking group in your area or a community center where you can meet others who are into working out?
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you should try an exercise dvd, like the 30 day shred or ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels, lots of people on here are doing those right now and report daily, its motivating to hear how people feel after they just did a great workout. Also the added bonus of exercising is a boost in your mood! When I wake up and do a workout, I feel like I accomplished so much even if i don't do anything special.
  • dixiechicdana
    Options
    Go buy supreme 90 day fitness. It is 20.00 at bed bath and beyond. Workout 6 days a week and it will get you strong. It has a calender of workouts to do each day and they aren't too long. About 30 - 50 minutes. Most in the 30ish minute range. I am on day 32 and liking it.... :)
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I find that absolutely the most motivating thing I do is look at the before and afters on the success stories. ALWAYS gets me off my butt and moving.
  • Siobhancarmichael
    Siobhancarmichael Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Move yow *kitten* or i'll kick yow *kitten* ;) good enough for ya? :P <3 xxxxxxx