**Motivation Jeans**

Options
So I went shopping the other day, and I found a pair of jeans that I LOVE! :love: Unfortunately, I tried them on and they were uncomfortably tight. :noway: Instead of putting them back, I decided to purchase them and keep them hanging in plain sight for motivation. I did the same thing when I first started MFP, but those jeans are now way to big for me and I had to give them away.

I was just wondering if anybody else has done something like this......

Replies

• DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm all for motivation clothing. I even notice that I like my workout better if I am wearing a sports bra that is "pretty" versus just functional. We have to enjoy the perks that present themselves!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yep. in the past i'd buy something and if it was too tight i'd keep it and work on getting in it. now all my clothes fit or are too big :)
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    yup and my current goal jeans slid on this morning easily and are still on!!

now to find the next pair, lol
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You know what keeps me motivated? Seeing my mom in all the cute clothes she buys at all these fancy stores... i was able to share with her before, but not so much later on down the road. Needless to say, we are back sharing again =)

Now, I have my clothes from before I had my daughter and Im not letting them go, because I KNOW that I will be able to fit them again. YOU JUST WAIT & SEE! :drinker:
  • mak112388
    mak112388 Posts: 50
    Options
    I definitely do this! I have a pair of cute shorts that don't fit me and my swimming suit out in my room so I see them everyday for inspiration!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    Oh yes! In the past it never worked. But once and for all I'm GOING TO DO THIS! I'm down almost 8 pounds in 4 weeks! Yahoo!! I plan to dig out my "skinny" clothes and put them where I see them.
    I also bought a string bikini from Abercrombie! My goal is to WEAR it this Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a Minnesota Vikings with my nickname on the back that I ordered online and when I received it...to small :angry: so I have it hanging on the wall in my room... I will fit into it, can't waste $80 lol
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I HAVE A PENCIL SKIRT THAT I DID THE SAME THING WITH AND IT WORKS.....:bigsmile: KNOW YOUR GOAL AND WORK TOWARDS IT, IT HELPS TO HAVE THAT REMINDER IN PLAIN SIGHT TO KEEP YOU ON UR TOES...LOL! GOOD LUCK HONEY!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Absolutly do this! I have a pair of size 10s (because that is my ultimate size goal) and they will help remind me that even if the scale is a couple pounds higher I have hit my major goal!

My desire is to be able to shop in "normal" stores because even as a teenager I was the super chubby kid and Im done with it. Yeah I have great curves/butt/boobs but atleast Im keeping my butt & boobs as the rest is going down!!