Hey...New Here

Options
Hey everyone. My name's Matt. A lot of people call me Bam-Bam, or just Bam. I live in Clemmons, NC. I'm a firefighter/EMT, 29 years old, and ready to make my 30's the healthiest I have ever been. I'm also trying to lose weight to motivate other firefighters since heart attacks are the leading cause of death in this profession. I'm trying to be as public as I can with my weight loss because I feel that it will help keep me motivated. Last week I was 329.5 lbs. I swore to myself i would not see 330. This week, after changing the way I eat and exercising, I am at 322.5. My goal weight is 220 lbs by the end of the year. If I can do more then GREAT. 220 lbs is just my FIRST goal. I have battled weight all my life and I'm just damn sick of it.

Replies

• austxdreamin
    Options
    Welcome and good for you on being public about your weight loss. The more open you are about it, the more you tend to stick with it and other people follow too!!!

Awesome on your 1st week loss too!!

~Capri
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! You'll find MFP full of friendly people and lots of support and motivation. You can reach your goal - and be ready for the firefighter calendar!!!!