6 week challage!

Options
PEOPLE come help me on my 6 week challage- iv been on here a week now and love it, doing well and really feel like this is the time for me, before iv just done at a diet but now im really DOING IT, i feel great and cant wait to feel even better. In my diet history i always do well in the first few weeks or days and then i lose motivation, so im asking you all to PLEASE HELP ME.
lets all decide the weight lose goals we want to achieve and help each other achieve them.

Replies

• lois2324
    lois2324 Posts: 20
    Options
    On 16th May i aim to weigh 220 lbs, a loss of 11 lbs, i would also like to be able to jog around the route i walk.
  • ShyBreasts
    Options
    This sounds great as I also struggle with motivation!
    My only problem is I find it hard to set myself a realistic weight goal and then I get disheartened when I don't see the weight fall off.
    So I'm not sure what my weight goal is. I'd love to start seeing a difference in my legs and tummy though (more toned legs with a fair bit of strength and a slightly flatter tummy)
    My weight loss goal thingy on here is 1.5lbs a week so should I be trying to lose 3lbs in three weeks?
  • nauticalxstar
    nauticalxstar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey GL with your goals! I need help staying motivated as well =) ill friend you we can help eachother!
  • goldiefysh
    goldiefysh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    xhanabanax I think 3 lbs in 3 weeks is possible. However, I'm not sure where you stand on your goals right now. It definitely gets harder to loose the closer you get to your goal. But I think if your MFP goal is 1.5 a week, 3 lbs sounds like a realistic goal.

As for me I'm in. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week so I'm going to try and lose 6 - 10 lbs. I would also like to get my legs stretched out because they are very tight.

Good luck!
  • lois2324
    Options
    yes 3 in 3 weeks is very do-able, do u want to lose any more than that? say 6lb in 6 weeks? i find i plan to lose 2lb a week for 6 months lol and end up not sticking to it for more that a week or two, which is why i set the 6 weeks as its not too long but long enough to see a difference and feel great about having achieved something.
  • lois2324
    Options
    so what are peoples goals for 16th may? (just over 6 weeks away) x:tongue:
  • goldiefysh
    Options
    Yeah, I have a long way to go. I want to ultimately lose 50 to 80 pounds but I know the closer I get to my goal the harder it will be to keep loosing. So 6 pounds in 6 weeks sounded like a fair number to start at and I'll see what my pace is like from there.

I did happen to see Jillian Michaels has a 6 week to a six pack dvd so I bought it to try. I'm hoping that will give me a nice start to this program.

So today I was over my 1200 calories by 22...I am very excited for that! With having the MFP on my phone, I can't forget to enter anything, it is helping me stay on track.
  • goldiefysh
    Options
    Sorry computer is acting up and double posted. :yawn:
  • lois2324
    Options
    Hey GL with your goals! I need help staying motivated as well =) ill friend you we can help eachother!

yes lets, lots of MOTIVATION im hoping that by increasing my exercise and keeping at it it will become a habbit!, i want to become addicted to to exercise lol
    good luck x
  • lois2324
    Options
    This sounds great as I also struggle with motivation!
    My only problem is I find it hard to set myself a realistic weight goal and then I get disheartened when I don't see the weight fall off.
    So I'm not sure what my weight goal is. I'd love to start seeing a difference in my legs and tummy though (more toned legs with a fair bit of strength and a slightly flatter tummy)
    My weight loss goal thingy on here is 1.5lbs a week so should I be trying to lose 3lbs in three weeks?

hey xhanabanax hows it all going so far? x good luck x
  • lois2324
    Options

we can, if we all stick together i think we can do this, im finding this site GREAT its my new facebook x
  • goldiefysh
    Options
    I actually like this site more than Facebook! I like how I don't feel ashamed when talking about my weight. So thank you all for making me feel comfortable asking for help when needed.
  • goldiefysh
    Options
    So how is everyone doin with their goals?
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh i would like to join also if i can ! My goal for in 6 weeks is to be at 195 i weighed in at 206.5 this morning !
  • amy1122
    amy1122 Posts: 1
    Options
    Id also like to join this 6 week challenge! :D currently i weigh 107 Kg not sure of you know what that is in pounds. But when i started i was 120.4 so far i have lost 13.4 Kg in 3 months although i did lose 5 of those kg's in 2 weeks! :O
    Id like to get down to 100 kg by the end of april or a week into may fingers crossed. How many times do you guys work out in a week? I try aim for atleast 4-5 days of half hr cardio and half hr of weight training and the days i dont go to the gym i try get on the cross trainer & dieting, At times i feel like giving up lol my weight was dropping of to begin with but now its going slow makes me frustrated to see the scale barely budge! I have lost 1kg in a week but i try aim for 1.5kg - 2 kg but i did stop going to the gym for 3 weeks and only been 3 days in a row so i guess ill get there but thought id join this site for motivation :D how is everyone doing so far on this 6 week challenge?
  • goldiefysh
    Options
    Don't give up. I just started this program and have been learning how to count calories. Tomorrow or Wednesday (waiting on DVD) I will be starting my exercise regime. I will be doing that 5 times a week, so hopefully I'll see a bigger difference.

Anyway, don't give up and it may feel like forever, but you will hit your goal!