Is it possible to lose weight just by watching calorie intak

Options
just wondered peoples thoughts on this?

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    It is, which is my MFP automatically includes a deficit when it calculates your daily calories. Exercising, however, can speed up the process, as well as help you feel and look better. (Tightening up flabby areas, increasing endorphins, etc.)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30-35 lbs from Mar-July of last year by paying attention to nothing but calories and didn't even work out. I lost about three pants sizes during that time.

Once I started working out I dropped two more pants sizes and only dropped about 10 lbs during that period of loss.

Now I work out and pay attention to my carbs, protein, fat, sodium, potassium and fiber amounts and have started losing again after having plateaued for a while.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible but exercise really helps, not only to burn caories but also to tone and firm your body.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yes,I'm proof, I lost my weight by just taking a 2 mile walk a few times a week, otherwise I hate exercise.
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    100% possible! I did that when I first stated. Counting calories and working out seemed too overwhelming to me. So I focused on just the calorie counting. and yes I lost weight. So take it one step at a time. Focus on the food for a while, and then incorporate the working out :) good luck!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    absolutely it is! I lost about 20-25 lbs without exercise. I just didn't have time. My most major losses were done only using the calorie counting feature, not the exercise diary. HOWEVER. exercising really really really helps with the tough pounds. It also builds muscle which is necessary for a high metabolism. so yes it is possible and it is completely fine to do that, but exercising does have its benefits :wink:
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but easy exercise will only help you look and feel better. Try walking for 30 minutes to an hour a day. You'll see a big difference much faster than with diet alone and you'll feel better, too. Walking helps burn fat from all pasts of your body, helps tone your legs, and tightens your stomach muscles. Plus, it's easy and enjoyable.
  • sheenanigan
    sheenanigan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm doing both but my friend just can't seem to find the time to exercise so I was just wondering if it made much of a difference.
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    SOCCERDOT...i LOVE your quote on your signature!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks amie