OBSESSIVE WEIGHING

Options
Ok so I usually weigh in on a Friday but I had a disaster of a week this week, I'd say I just about maintained my weight. The problem is the worse I feel the more I weigh myself, multiple times a day and it drives me MAD! This week I'm setting myself a challenge and that is, after I weigh in tomorrow morning I WILL NOT weigh myself again until Friday! If anything to save my sanity!Anyone else have this problem and want to join me in my non scale week?

Replies

• Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm with you all the way! I hate the fact that my day can be dominated by a number.....when it most likely isn't an actual weight gain!
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know!As I said it's making me go mad!I'm actually looking forward to my no scale week! :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    would someone please talk to my wife about this.
    she is obsessed.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I had that problem when I wasn't doing as well as I thought I should or I had a bad day of eating...or just overall bad day. I kept weighing myself on different scales at different places. It was bad. I even weighed myself at the vet. Sheesh.

Good luck to you. That scale can be a monster.
  • serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options
    I had become so crazy with it (5-6 times a day) a different weight every time. And I know weight fluctuates all day long, but I would still get FRUSTRATED over the variances. I think it is part of the reason I plateaued for a while. I finally decided about 6 weeks ago to go to a once a month weigh in. It has helped tremendously by taking the pressure off. It also makes me feel much better when I see a large # at one time as opposed to small increments once a week. :happy:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! With my weekend binges that I've started lately, I haven't been able to stop myself from weighing every morning and even once or twice during the day. :( I used to weigh only once a week, and I need to do that again! It was a lot less stressful.
  • emma2309
    Options
    I am SO glad I'm not the only crazy person haha! At the vet?that is bad!haha! Hope I can actually stop doing it now, it's a bit of an addiction really!
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do it many times a day everyday! As long as you realize it does fluctuate I really don't see the harm. Sometimes I flip the bird to the scale and all is well!! :laugh:
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I weigh myself EVERY morning while naked before getting in the shower. I don't weigh again until the next morning. I'm happy doing this! Whatever floats your boat!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    lets all hide our scales and just use a measuring tape to do waist and hip measurements....but maybe that wouldn't be better.:ohwell:
  • claire2007
    Options
    my weigh scales are broken and I am not sure if its better or worse as now using wii fit to weight myself but not so convincing as you can cheat a couple of kilo's i think i am putting weight on as now i dont weigh myself every morning to program myself mentally for the rest of the day..so ahhhh what shoud i do..???
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    There's no point in weighing yourself after you have eaten or drunk anything, or you're weighing your food and water!

Having said that, I weigh myself first thing every morning - but I do NOT take any notice of any individual weight, that's a mugs game.

The reason is that my weight fluctuates by a pound or even two from day to day, so I enter each morning's weight in an spreadsheet, then look at the general trend on a graph. I used to weigh myself once a week, but found this gave a misleading picture, and I once ended up very discouraged when I thought I'd not lost any weight for two weeks running, whereas in fact I had lost weight.

Then again, I'm only losing at most a pound a week, if you're losing several pounds a week or even more, a weekly weigh would be plenty to give a reasonable measure of progress.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Me and a friend was just talking about this ...she is SUPER obsessed with the scale!!! Im gonna tell her to join you in hiding the scale for a week. Me myself I think weighing in once a week is jus fine :)
  • weezielesa
    Options
    Whew... me too. I have been weighing myself every morning for the last 7 years. And what ever that # is on the scale would start my day and run my day. It was my judgement of what to eat and what to do. If it was up it set my mood for the day which was in the slumps. If it was down I convience myself I deserved to have that treat of whatever it was... The scale is a monster and I'm game... I'll weigh in the morning and put it up for a week. Fridays will be my weigh in... I think. :ohwell:
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    There's no point in weighing yourself after you have eaten or drunk anything, or you're weighing your food and water!

Having said that, I weigh myself first thing every morning - but I do NOT take any notice of any individual weight, that's a mugs game.

The reason is that my weight fluctuates by a pound or even two from day to day, so I enter each morning's weight in an spreadsheet, then look at the general trend on a graph. I used to weigh myself once a week, but found this gave a misleading picture, and I once ended up very discouraged when I thought I'd not lost any weight for two weeks running, whereas in fact I had lost weight.

Then again, I'm only losing at most a pound a week, if you're losing several pounds a week or even more, a weekly weigh would be plenty to give a reasonable measure of progress.
  • weezielesa
    Options
    I weigh myself EVERY morning while naked before getting in the shower. I don't weigh again until the next morning. I'm happy doing this! Whatever floats your boat!

I do the same thing and some days I am good with it and some days I am not because that # decides my day... Every morning. Is that good or bad; can depend on the person. It works for some and not for others.
  • emma2309
    Options
    I do realise weight fluctuates and often the number I see is not really what I am but even still it just feels very discouraging, I feel like if I concentrate less on a number this week and more on what I'm eating I'll feel better :)
  • srp55
    srp55 Posts: 1
    Options

LOL - I do this exact same thing! It works for me. I only "log" my weight once a week in here though, and I don't beat myself up too much when it goes up and down during the overall week. So many things can influence day to day weight! Remember, even small losses count towards the goal! :)
  • jennbaby23
    Options
    I do the same thing, it drives me mad. Im trying to go back to once a week, but its so hard. i feel like i have plateaued because the number on the scale is not changing, i still have 28 pounds to go, any advice or am i going to have to invest in a stray jacket????