Smoking

Options
So if you quit smoking do you crave more chocolate and fat? Why is that?

Replies

• calicolu
    calicolu Posts: 12
    Options
    So if you quit smoking do you crave more chocolate and fat? Why is that?
  • Jillybean_25
    Options
    I have quit smoking for 7 months now. I smoke once in a great while when I go out with my girlfriends but thats about it. I didnt ever crave chocolate or fats. I think the key is finiding something to replace the addiction with. Me for instance I used to have asthma that was exercise induced so you can only imagine how smoking helped that...lol Anyways I started runnning and absolutely love it and I find that it gives you the same kind of hig has a cigg would. If you are craving chocolate I would suggesst sugar free hard candies that are chocolate flavored otherwwise sticking to the dark choc. cause it is healthier.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Smoking and chocolate probably both release the same euphoric effects in your brain.

Keep Hershey kisses handy. Leave wiggle room in your calorie count for them.

Good luck! Stick to it! :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Oh man..I have DEFINATLEY noticed an uprise in my needs for chocolate. I'm trying not to "blimp" from quitting smoking, but I tell ya, that melty in your mouth feeling of chocolate feels like a reward for quitting smoking. Now that my taste buds have healed up (your sense of taste returns to that of a normal person after a few days) The chocolate really tastes soooo good. lol Try to be strong, but I'd say chocolate is definately the lesser evil of the two! Good luck, and if u need a quit buddy let me know :)
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I never craved anything foodwise when I quit, just the craving to have something else that would replace the cig craving. Walking, gum, mints, doodling, all that stuff helped me.