New BMI Catagory!!! Serious NSV!!!

Options
spackham
spackham Posts: 252 Member
I am officially "over-weight" today! Woot, woot, woot. How does it feel? It feels like a ton of weight is off my shoulders... and belly and butt and legs and even my FACE! Love it. Now I will not DREAD the doctor office. Now I feel like a normal, overweight American. I know it's just a category or just a number, but it's a number that makes me feel like the sun has come out in my life. The dark and depressing days are a thing in the past. I am in the YELLOW category, like it is a warning. Next I will be in the green as in "you GO girl!" Today is a new day and it feels like a new me. Now I've got to hit it hard so I can lose enough to not bump back up because of water-retention or anything.

Anyone else change BMI categories since starting MFP? If so, here's a high-five coming your way!

Replies

• ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :) That is soooooo awesome!!! Way to go girl! Here is to continuing until the normal range!!
  • allisonmarie93
    Options
    I recently went from "overweight" to "normal," and I feel so amazing!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait till I can say the same!
  • Soniagirlc
    Soniagirlc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    That's awesome Sandra! Good for you!
  • Behavioral
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted. I checked mine too and I am also just plain ol' overweight now too. You're right, it does feel good.:happy:
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Yep I went from obese to overweight today! It is a big NSV!! Congrats to you!!!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I hit the normal category at 149 lbs (I'm 5'5'', so anything above 150 lbs is overweight) -- but I've been stuck here for 2 weeks! It's like my body is telling me, "okay, you're normal now, are you happy yet?"
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes and it felt AMAZING!!! WTG!
  • mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i cannot wait for the day i enter the over weight category i am still in obesity and i have a fair way to go i am guessing till i get there, so WELL DONE x
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! Wonderful to see all your hard work and discipline paying off this way!!!
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just went and checked...I thought I was BARELY in over rather than obese (which is where I started) BUT I'm in about the middle of over!!! You're right! It feels fantastic! Thanks for sharing so more of us could feel that boost! ;-)
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. I have only just gone from Obese to Overweight myself and I don't think I have ever been so happy to just be plain overweight. Got a lot of hard work until I am classed as Healthy weight but it will be worth it and of course a goal set to achieve.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 pounds away from that same experience! So excited. Congrats.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I remember that day myself! Congrats! That's a real, material win!

I also changed categories today - from overweight to normal - just barely.... but I think I'll refrain from celebrating until it stays there for a few days. I weighed myself after sweating up a storm playing racquetball... so it might not stick. Yet.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    that is such a huge NSV not only for your mental health but as far as your actual health goes it is really a great thing. Congrats to you
  • jbeadl0
    jbeadl0 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am about 5 pounds away from being fat. can't wait.
    3662421.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I AM WAITING FOR THE DAY I CAN SAY THE SAME THING! CONGRATS!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!