I just want to eat...But I'm not hungry!!! Help!!

Options
Help!!! I'm having an extra greedy moment. I just ate a burrito supreme and I still want to eat but I'm not hungry...Oh goodness...what is going on...I need help from you guys...so weak with temptation!!!

Replies

• TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Go for a walk!!! Blast some music and do some house cleaning!!! Drink water!!
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed, sad, bored, tired? Just remind yourself that having the control over what you put in your mouth feels way better than any food could taste.
    We all have these moments!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    You just had a lot of sodium. I would bet what your body really wants is water. Drink a big glass of water and wait for the craving to pass brush your teeth, chew some gum keep your mouth busy you can do this!! your body does what your mind tells it to
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I get like this ALL the time. I made a post about it last night in fact lol :embarassed:
  • Khiyaemommy
    Options
    Find something to do to keep your mind off eating something else. I'll usually read a book, watch a movie, clean or something to that effect when I get like that. Or eat something low calorie...sugar free jello. Praying for strength will help too. Hope I helped a little. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Help!!! I'm having an extra greedy moment. I just ate a burrito supreme and I still want to eat but I'm not hungry...Oh goodness...what is going on...I need help from you guys...so weak with temptation!!!
    First things first, Get out of Taco Bell, lots of temptation there. Then do what everyone else said. :bigsmile:
    Ted
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    What you just ate is ADDICTING.. of course you want more.. Eat something satisfying.. and E A T S L O W ..
  • grapefruitluv
    Options
    Agreed with everyone suggestions above! Water, tea = flavored - carrots, apple and nuts/seeds - help to satiate hunger - non sweets/grease. Tell us how you did!

:bigsmile: You are human.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely get out of Taco Hell first. Take a walk, have some water, chew some gum. Distract yourself somehow. Its hard but every time you practice willpower, it gets stronger, just like exercising a muscle. You can do it ... what do you want more.... extra, bad food or to get to goal? Only you can decide then act accordingly. Good luck!
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Are you stressed, sad, bored, tired? Just remind yourself that having the control over what you put in your mouth feels way better than any food could taste.
    We all have these moments!

Absolutely!
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @TJ...The walk helped! @elle...I was stressed, I was doing Econ homework and it really had me consumed, problems, graphs urgh! @ TD...LOL! It wasn't Taco Bell it was Mexican Post (even better than TB) :smile:

Here's what I did.....

I took about a 10min walk and I thought about the one food I really wanted and said if I just have one serving, the way I want that would help...so I made it home and decided I wanted french fries with ketchup. I had about 12 french fries with a lil bit of salt and some ketchup and once I was done...I was completely satisfied. Didn't eat anymore for the rest of the evening. Yay Me! Thank you all for all your help! You really helped me get through.

P.S. and I was under my calories (not by much but still)!
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling like this so. much. lately...

It is really hard. My stomach is full but my mouth says More More More...

Yes, it's not hunger, it's want/addiction/something entirely different than FOOD.

I really need to work on this part. I lost 16 pounds and buoyed back up to a 10 lb loss. Working on it again but it's not coming off very easily.

All this to say, I hear you.