LETS CREATE OUR OWN MFP CONVENTION!

Options
Ok so following on from the VERY POPULAR thread the other day about MFP having an annual convention - we can create out own!

Many of you said you would travel to some kind of event when we can meet up - so lets make it worthwhile!

For those of you who can do it (2 years to save) the next World Masters Games are in Torino Italy in 2013. http://www.torino2013.org/
(hear me out here ...)

These are FUN games for ANYBODY to compete in, no matter what their abilities are. The idea is to show that older people (most sports are over 30) can still be active and enjoy a healthy lifestyle as they age.

For those of you who are competitive - yes there are gold, silver and bronze medals for each age category in each event.

I competed in Sydney in 2009 - DEFINATELY not an athlete but had an amazing time, lots of social events, INCREDIBLE motivation and support and am addicted. I will be going along with a group of friends to Torino to compete, not even sure what events yet, I will choose closer to the time!

WHY DONT WE HAVE AN MFP GROUP HEADING OVER - we can meet up at the social events, cheer each other on in our chosen sport and come away with massive motivation and strength to continue our journeys??

If you want some inspiration - google Sydney World Masters 2009.

LOVE to meet some of my overseas friends finally - perhaps this is a great way to do it!

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Oh, I SO want to do this. And I might be able to. Especially with the amount of time there is in there for planning. :D
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    y_thinking.gifThat sounds like a good idea. Italy isn't too far away.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good time!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OOOh Sounds interesting. I've always wanted to go to Italy!! This sounds like a fantastic event and you're right it would be so nice to meet everyone. No one lives even remotely close to me. Thanks for giving me something to think about!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I know it will sound far-fetched to some people - whether they think it is outrageous that they could compete in something like that OR they think its too far to travel.

BUT i am in Australia, which is probably as far away as possible, AND I used to be an unfit overweight person as well.

You can do A LOT in 2 years - I'm proof of that!

Hoping that this will get some people to think about a long term goal for themselves - I know most of my MFP friends are absolutely able to do this physically!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I know it will sound far-fetched to some people - whether they think it is outrageous that they could compete in something like that OR they think its too far to travel.

BUT i am in Australia, which is probably as far away as possible, AND I used to be an unfit overweight person as well.

You can do A LOT in 2 years - I'm proof of that!

Hoping that this will get some people to think about a long term goal for themselves - I know most of my MFP friends are absolutely able to do this physically!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    O M G I am so in!!!