Need a Break from Dieting

Options
I’m 5’4 and 115 lbs and I want to lose 5 more pounds. I’ve been on a diet since January and I’m pretty much out of energy. I want to do a maintenance program for a week and then get back to loosing 1/2 lb per week.

But there’s a slight problem. My family will be in town two weeks from now, and I’m not sure how well I’ll be able to track my calories and exercise while spending time with them. So now might not be a good time to take a break.

Should I tough it out until my family gets here or take a break?

Replies

• Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I say make "smart" choices, keep a kind of mental calculator, take 15 minutes to catalog what you can remember at the end of the night and don't be upset if you've gone over. if you can just maintain while your family is in town, then once they leave you are no further behind than when they came and you (hopefully!) got to enjoy your time with them.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    If you feel you need a break, then take it. With only five pounds to lose, I think you will be fine. No need to over stress the situation.

Congrats on your progress so far....

Goodluck
  • max3230
    max3230 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you are tired of the diet go out and have yourself a celebration meal...eat what you want...enjoy it...but just remember if you have not been eating certain types of food they may taste good while eating them but later you may not feel well...this may just remotivate you...AND REMEMBER you are probably not going to do extremely well while your family visits,
  • CecilyTegan
    CecilyTegan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation... you want a cheeseburger? Do it! But only do half of it... Calamari? Delicious! Only have a handful instead of the whole plate. Load up on veggies and drink lots of water before you go out with the fam to grub. You only have 5lbs to go so you're so close! If it were me, i would tough it out until the family came to town because I KNOW I would not do well on the nutrition plan once they arrived.
    Good luck, dear!:drinker: :drinker:
  • jlevitina12
    jlevitina12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on this board for advice. I think I’ll combine everyone’s suggestions and up my calories for the next three days and then get back to my routine until my family gets here.

I’ll probably need advice again when they’re here, since I haven’t had to deal with going out to eat for several days in a row while trying to diet before.

Janna