I need Help and Support Please ?

Options
Hi everyone, I have been doing fantastic lately and have felt my body changing and seen it right before my eyes. Yesterday while running I sprained my calf and it hurts BAD I know that I must rest my leg and that means no taebo or running. I did do a slow walk today for about 20 MIns. I know I need at least a week of rest of my leg. I plan to still do what I can- slow walks abs and arms- The problem is most of my calories are burned from cardio so I have to keep my calories low so I won't lose momentum- today I was over by 260 calories :( Any love and support would just be appreciated this is so hard.

Replies

• mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you currently work out at a gym? When I hurt my upper body, I had to rely on lower body exercises for a while. If you go to a gym or have free weights you could use this time to learn some upper body exercises. I know it doesn't burn as much as cardio, but you could really tone up and build strength in the meantime which will help your metabolism in the long run. Good luck!
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I feel your pain. Whenever I over do it I have a very hard time keeping it light with working out for a while.
    Just try to take it easy because you don't want to get a worse injury.
    And about being over by 260 calories don't worry about it. Being over for a couple of days is probably not going to make you gain any pounds.
    Just rest for a little bit.
  • Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i feel you on this! I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis...which basically means i cant do ANY exercise even walking after 5-10 minutes I have pain...anyway its been tough, i already havent been able to work out for two weeks and i have another to go, and if it still hurts i have to go to physical therapy. its terrible and i understand what youre going through. I was so use to working out over an hour 6 days a week and eating some of those calories back, and even when i wasnt eating the extra calories it didnt bother me bc i was busy for a good amount of time not thinking about food. now its all i can think about....ugh!!!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    go to you tube and type in chair exercises. there are several to choose from. you would be surprised how much you can burn, also if you have a favorite exercise video you can put it on and just do the arm movements. make sure you are sitting in an armless chair so it's easier to do twists and things.
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    from what you put in your post - you know what you need to do - so don't despair you can do this. try to keep track of all your food intake and stay within your calories allowed and still do what exercise your body will allow- you can do this - just start everyday telling yourself you can do this and I will not fail - Good Luck - hope your injury heals quickly
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Honey, I'm right there w/ you. I broke my leg 2 years ago and got some metal in it, a rod, a plate, screws. Since I started working out, Zumba, walking, the plate and screws on my ankle started coming loose so I had to have it removed. This was Friday. I have to be off of it for 2 weeks (in the black boot) then down time is supposed to be 2-3 months. I don't intend to let it be that long. I don't do much strength training. Like you, most of my calories are burned doing cardio. Since I have no choice for 2 weeks, I'm doing upper body stuff. Using my thigh master on my arms, resistance bands. I feel for you girl. It stinks to be down for a day much less a week =[.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i feel you on this! I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis...which basically means i cant do ANY exercise even walking after 5-10 minutes I have pain...anyway its been tough, i already havent been able to work out for two weeks and i have another to go, and if it still hurts i have to go to physical therapy. its terrible and i understand what youre going through. I was so use to working out over an hour 6 days a week and eating some of those calories back, and even when i wasnt eating the extra calories it didnt bother me bc i was busy for a good amount of time not thinking about food. now its all i can think about....ugh!!!
    Ok I feel guilty now, so sorry about what you are dealing with, yikes. We can support each other on the eating I got used to having exercise cals to eat too so I am right there with you girlfriend! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    Honey, I'm right there w/ you. I broke my leg 2 years ago and got some metal in it, a rod, a plate, screws. Since I started working out, Zumba, walking, the plate and screws on my ankle started coming loose so I had to have it removed. This was Friday. I have to be off of it for 2 weeks (in the black boot) then down time is supposed to be 2-3 months. I don't intend to let it be that long. I don't do much strength training. Like you, most of my calories are burned doing cardio. Since I have no choice for 2 weeks, I'm doing upper body stuff. Using my thigh master on my arms, resistance bands. I feel for you girl. It stinks to be down for a day much less a week =[.
    You poor thing all that sounds painful my pity party is offically over. Hey great Idea on the thigh master I never thought of that and I have some resistance bands put away in the closet and some dumb bells- guess I will take advantage of the time to build upper body. Good luck! :smile:
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    from what you put in your post - you know what you need to do - so don't despair you can do this. try to keep track of all your food intake and stay within your calories allowed and still do what exercise your body will allow- you can do this - just start everyday telling yourself you can do this and I will not fail - Good Luck - hope your injury heals quickly
    Thanks so much... your dog is a cutie!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    go to you tube and type in chair exercises. there are several to choose from. you would be surprised how much you can burn, also if you have a favorite exercise video you can put it on and just do the arm movements. make sure you are sitting in an armless chair so it's easier to do twists and things.
    Oh my gosh love this idea!!! Thanks I am totally going to do this. I really appreciate it!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    I feel your pain. Whenever I over do it I have a very hard time keeping it light with working out for a while.
    Just try to take it easy because you don't want to get a worse injury.
    And about being over by 260 calories don't worry about it. Being over for a couple of days is probably not going to make you gain any pounds.
    Just rest for a little bit.
    Thanks that makes me feel better and it was really only 224 I forgot to deduct something I did not eat so I can make up for it tomorrow I am sure! Hugs!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    Do you currently work out at a gym? When I hurt my upper body, I had to rely on lower body exercises for a while. If you go to a gym or have free weights you could use this time to learn some upper body exercises. I know it doesn't burn as much as cardio, but you could really tone up and build strength in the meantime which will help your metabolism in the long run. Good luck!
    Very true I have some dumb bells and I am going to try to do just that! Your profile pic makes me laugh!:laugh: :laugh: I needed that today thanks!