The Mother of all NSV's at least to me.

Options

Replies

• randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you for this!
    I sent my husband to the doctor as a Christmas present to me. I think his doctor is a quack, though. Supposedly the only thing wrong with him is thyroid problems. Yet, his heart rate was apparently at 100 resting!!! I wanted him to get a second opinion but he refuses. It's sad to say...but I wish they found something serious wrong with him so it would kick his brain into gear and he would see he needs to "fix" himself. He's well over 60lbs overweight and almost completely immobile. It makes me sad seeing him like this. But I know there is nothing I can do for him.

I'm glad you did this for you and your family!!

I hope this doesn't offend you, but I will pray for him! (((hugs)))
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You really are an inspiration to all of us! keep up the great work!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!
    I sent my husband to the doctor as a Christmas present to me. I think his doctor is a quack, though. Supposedly the only thing wrong with him is thyroid problems. Yet, his heart rate was apparently at 100 resting!!! I wanted him to get a second opinion but he refuses. It's sad to say...but I wish they found something serious wrong with him so it would kick his brain into gear and he would see he needs to "fix" himself. He's well over 60lbs overweight and almost completely immobile. It makes me sad seeing him like this. But I know there is nothing I can do for him.

I'm glad you did this for you and your family!!

I hope this doesn't offend you, but I will pray for him! (((hugs)))

I take no offense. Thank you. :)
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Wow. Fantastic!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    James: I have said it before and I will say it again....you are amazing and i am so glad that i have the honor of knowing you through mfp....you are truly an inspiration and i will do my best to make you smile every day :flowerforyou:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your journey! It is truly amazing what you have accomplished. It really brings tears to my eyes. You took you life back - you decided and empowered yourself with the tools that work for you. You fought for your life and won!!

Amazing.
    :happy:
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!! Congrats on taking the steps to find a healthier you. What an inspiration you are to all of us here trying to find our own path!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So very cool. You rock! Thanks for sharing!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! It is unbelievable the things we do to ourselves. And only we have the power to change those things as well!
  • jovie929
    jovie929 Posts: 20
    Options
    You should be super proud of yourself! You're doing your body soo much good. I no longer have joint issues now that I'm 75lbs lighter! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You are a true champion, I hope your doctor did a happy dance for you.
    That is a real victory, to take back control of your body and your life!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! One of my goals is to get off blood pressure meds and hearing about someone who has actually done it completely inspires me to keep on keepin' on. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is totally fantastic! Reading stories like yours helps me so much! Seeing how much you have accomplished makes me even more determined to reach my goal! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Congrats on all your victories.
    You are an inspiration.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Good Health - truly the best NSV. Congratulations!!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    congrats!!! i am so proud of you, that's a big success!! :D
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    That's amazing! Way to go!!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing all that you've done in so little time! That's definitely the mother of all NSV's! Keep doing what you're doing! Very inspirational! And very well written!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    kudos to you! what an amazing life-transformation. rock it.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Your story gave me chills and got me a little teary eyed, the happy kind! Congrats on all the wonderful progress you have made and I'm sure you will continue to make throughout your journey.

Holly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!