Yarrrrrrrgh!!!

Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
I'm running more than I have since I started- exercising portion control- making better decisions about what to eat-

AND I'M GAINING!!!!

W...

T....

F?!?!

This is es-tupid.

Some of it may have initially been water weight (TOM :sick:), but there's a diuretic in the medicine I've been taking and it keeps going up!

angrycat1.jpg < my face.

Replies

• Manda86
    I'm running more than I have since I started- exercising portion control- making better decisions about what to eat-

AND I'M GAINING!!!!

W...

T....

F?!?!

This is es-tupid.

Some of it may have initially been water weight (TOM :sick:), but there's a diuretic in the medicine I've been taking and it keeps going up!

angrycat1.jpg < my face.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    (((((hugs))))))).....I agree it is stupid!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

Ya know what chicken....when I do a lot of exercise and weigh myself...I tend to stay the same of even go up a pound or two...and then on my day of rest or two...I lose???? go figure....maybe its the same w/ you...we are both poultry after all!!!

hugs Ali aka momma hen...cluck cluck cluck.:mad: ..*pecking the scale that hurt your feelings!!!*
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Maybe the gravity is higher in the mountains than in West Texas?? :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Women folk of MFP...HEAR MY CRY!!!!

I have tried telling my little papoose that she is toning up (cause she is!) and that the weight gain is due to her 'monthly', but she won't listen to me!!!

Please tell her that it is a bad idea to weigh every day especially during that time...

I told her that once she comes off of it, that her weight loss is gonna pour itself all over the scale.

BUT SHE WON'T LISTEN TO ME!!!

She makes Vader sad!!!

6mhzJcP2z780i54orwTnTVcV_400.jpg
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I hear ya lady! I think I broke my scale this morning with a hissy fit (which might not be a bad thing). On Wednesday I finally broke my pleateau...only to have it go right back to where it was this morning. :explode:
    Not cool!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Manda - you've done SO well - maybe you are at a plateau? You will be surprised, and the weight will drop off when you don't expect it!

Remember what Banks says about weight loss when you are close to a BMI of 25...

Keep pressing on, it will come off!
    :flowerforyou:

Oh - it could also be all the running causing your muscles to retain fluids - when I take a few days off from the gym, I lose some weight, and then it comes back as soon as I'm back to the working out!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey! I KNOW how frustrating it can be trust me!! But, if you are doing everything right, then your body WILL catch up, just like it does with me. For whatever reason, I lost nothing the last 2 weeks, even though I did everything right and even UPPED things at the gym. So, today I lose 3 lbs (which SHOULD have been 1 1/2 lbs a week, but it didn't turn out that way but came off at once! WEIRD!).

Anyway, DON'T weigh every day. I weigh ONCE a week and even that messes with my head sometimes. Just do what you are doing and it WILL come off. Weight-loss is only scientific to a point (with calories, etc), but how YOUR own body responds will be as unique as you are!! :wink:

Hang in there lil sis!!!!!

Hugs! :heart:
    -Tam
  • Manda86
    I hate bein' a lady sometimes.

grouchy-cat-resized.jpg

Why can't that TOM only last an hour?!?

Or why can't we alternate? Your turn, J!!! (yaaaaaay cramps!!)
  • shorerider
    Hey! I KNOW how frustrating it can be trust me!! But, if you are doing everything right, then your body WILL catch up, just like it does with me. For whatever reason, I lost nothing the last 2 weeks, even though I did everything right and even UPPED things at the gym. So, today I lose 3 lbs (which SHOULD have been 1 1/2 lbs a week, but it didn't turn out that way but came off at once! WEIRD!).

Anyway, DON'T weigh every day. I weigh ONCE a week and even that messes with my head sometimes. Just do what you are doing and it WILL come off. Weight-loss is only scientific to a point (with calories, etc), but how YOUR own body responds will be as unique as you are!! :wink:

Hang in there lil sis!!!!!

Hugs! :heart:
    -Tam

Yep, when my plateau finally broke, I lost 8/10 a pound one day, 1 pound the next day, then 2 pounds the next!

Our bodies are wonderfully made--who knows the mysteries of why something happens.

Just hang in there--change up your routine. It helped me.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Aw Panda!

I usually go up about 3 pounds every other week and I get so pissed but.. I go back to my original weight. So.. honey, keep on running Panda! I'm running right there besdide you:wink:

~Jo Jo:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Women folk of MFP...HEAR MY CRY!!!!

I have tried telling my little papoose that she is toning up (cause she is!) and that the weight gain is due to her 'monthly', but she won't listen to me!!!

Please tell her that it is a bad idea to weigh every day especially during that time...

I told her that once she comes off of it, that her weight loss is gonna pour itself all over the scale.

BUT SHE WON'T LISTEN TO ME!!!

She makes Vader sad!!!

OMGOSH..... NEVER... EVER.. EVER... E-V-E-R.... WEIGH YOURSELF DURING YOUR TOM... PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

I never weigh myself 2 days before up until 2 days after my TOM.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Im sure you're just toning your muscles and it's the muscle weight you're gaining. You're probably losing inch measurements as well! Have you been measuring?
  • shorerider

Where do you even find these photos??
  • I ust took a nutrian class at my gym last night and they keep saying that muscle weighs more than fat so don't get discourage let your tape measure and the way your clothes fit be your guide instead of the scale. Hang in there!:bigsmile:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    MANDAAA!!!! Firstly, wtg on doing everything right. You go girl! Secondly, taske the adivce of all these lovely people and don't weigh while Aunt Flo is visiting! I'm sure u'll lose again soon hun. I miss u!

J-Good job being the supportive b/f. You rock :glasses:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    I was on a plateau for 6 weeks and had TOM last week today I broke it 2 pounds lost. I dont weigh anymore 3 days before and 3 days after TOM it is too frustrating. Give it a couple of days it will come off. :drinker:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396

Where do you even find these photos??

I don't know ,but I swear that could be a pic of my 5 year old. :blushing: :tongue: :laugh:
  • Manda86
    Thanks everybody...

I'm feeling slightly better (after I momentarily had a meltdown).

Aw, screw it, I'm having a slice of birthday cake.

I'm well within my cals for today and I'm running later.

*sigh*
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Thanks everybody...

*sigh*

That's my girl.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Thanks everybody...

*sigh*

I want some cake! Dag nabit!!! My birthday is August 15th.....hint hint! :laugh: