Meal Snap

Options
Has anyone used it? Has anyone heard of it? I have googled it and cant decide if it is for real or if it is an April Fools day joke.
If it actually works, it could be handy. A ball park guess is better than nothing, esp if you are at a buffet or someone's home.
What do you think?

Replies

• radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    It *is* real, but there are a lot of caveats and issues with using it. No photo is going to be able to recognize whether that Alfredo sauce was made with heavy cream, half & half or low fat evaporated milk.
    Might be fun to play with, but I sure wouldn't rely on it if I were really trying to count calories or grams of fat, protein, carbs, etc.
  • carocurl135
    Options
    No, I wouldnt rely on it either, but it is better than nothing if you were not able to get the info from another source.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Just heard a very positive review at Fat2FitRadio.com
    how it works: some folks someplace in a far away country look at the picture, look up the caloric values in a calorie database, type it into the program and then the app sends you back a range of what you might be consuming.
    Sounds very far out for the entertainment factor alone...and definitely worth $3. Apparently, it's also tied into "Daily Burn" anybody know what that is?
    Has anyone used it? Has anyone heard of it? I have googled it and cant decide if it is for real or if it is an April Fools day joke.
    If it actually works, it could be handy. A ball park guess is better than nothing, esp if you are at a buffet or someone's home.
    What do you think?