Whole Foods hot foods nutrition?

Options
Does anyone know where you can find the nutritional info for the hot food bar at whole foods?
I just ate cheesy chicken enchiladas and I'd love to know how much I've actually eaten.
& also some other foods I normally get from there.. I never know how to log them.
I usually find whatever sounds closest, but I'd like to know forrsure

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have find it?? I would like to as well though.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Looks like you'll need to contact your local store, but doesn't sound too encouraging. See below taken from
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company/products-faq.php

I did have luck emailing Wegman's once regarding some of their prepared food items, so maybe you'll get lucky.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    The FDA's Nutritional Labeling & Education Act of 1994 requires that most food packages be labeled with nutritional information. The regulations exempt ready-to-eat foods prepared primarily on site, such as deli and bakery items and restaurant food. Additionally, nutritional information is voluntary for raw fruits and vegetables, meat, fish and poultry.

We strive to make nutritional information on all of our products available to our customers whenever possible. Rather than having a national list of approved recipes, each of our regional and in-store chefs develops hundreds of recipes, often based on local and seasonal ingredients. For example, we want our chefs to be able to react quickly when a bumper crop of blueberries is locally available, and create exciting dishes featuring this special ingredient. Due to this flexible system, the time-consuming data analysis necessary to create nutrition labels is not always possible. Due to the high volume of recipes and their seasonal nature, we suggest you contact your local store for more information on specific dishes that are of interest to you.

Rest assured that even if nutritional specifics are not available, exact ingredients in all of our prepared foods, bakery and deli items are always accessible.