Pizzeria without a Clue

Options
I live in Buffalo NY and love eating from a Pizzeria called "Just Pizza" on Elmwood Ave. However when I called today the lady was totally clueless on what calories would be on their pizza. I sent a message on their website to the corporate office asking them to remedy this, but for now I won't be eating from there and suggest anyone one else in my area or near any Just Pizza to do the same
:cry:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Do they sell anything besides pizza, or are they true to their name?
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pizza is their main seller but they also sell subs, wings and dinners
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    If there are less than 20 restaurants to the chain then they are not required by the FDA to provide or configure any nutritional information for their menu. I know, it sucks. My hubby and I love supporting our local family owned places, but I feel frustrated not know exact amounts to what is going in my mouth. Just try to stay vigilant and make smart choices with what you order.
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If there are less than 20 restaurants to the chain then they are not required by the FDA to provide or configure any nutritional information for their menu. I know, it sucks. My hubby and I love supporting our local family owned places, but I feel frustrated not know exact amounts to what is going in my mouth. Just try to stay vigilant and make smart choices with what you order.

Ahhh, didn't know that. Thank you. One of the things I love about my new weight loss efforts, I learn so much not only about me or the food I eat but nutritional information per say.
  • cgan
    cgan Posts: 15
    Options
    My parents own a restaurant and don't (well, can't) offer nutritional information for dishes they serve. That said, they are willing to alter recipes and work with customers on diets or who have allergies. For example we had one lovely woman who is coeliac, my dad made her a special salmon dish (just our regular wild salmon, with potatoes, vegetables and a wheat free sauce) and told her she just had to tell the waitress if she ever came and he would whip it up for her again. She and her husband became some of our best customers until they moved out of state because he took the extra time for her.

When restaurants/chains are smaller they tend to care more about their customers and getting return business. Talk with your waitress or call the manager beforehand to see what they can do for you (aside from offering nutritional information). I'm not so strict on calories myself, but I would be happy to go for pizza as a cheat meal knowing it was cooked with tons of fresh vegetables, a particular kind of cheese and a thin crust.

Think about what would make a pizza healthy for you (and for an occasional treat allow you to not worry about precise calories) and ask if they can do that.