hi, mary from ohio

Hi i am new to this and i looking forward to losing all my weight. i am just confused on counting calories. so if anyone has a tip for the calorie counting please help. lol. i am a wife and a mother to two wonderful children. i love my life i just don't love the way i look. so nice to meet everyone and looking forward to getting this weight loss started.

Replies

• Hi i am new to this and i looking forward to losing all my weight. i am just confused on counting calories. so if anyone has a tip for the calorie counting please help. lol. i am a wife and a mother to two wonderful children. i love my life i just don't love the way i look. so nice to meet everyone and looking forward to getting this weight loss started.
  • Hi i am new to this and i looking forward to losing all my weight. i am just confused on counting calories. so if anyone has a tip for the calorie counting please help. lol. i am a wife and a mother to two wonderful children. i love my life i just don't love the way i look. so nice to meet everyone and looking forward to getting this weight loss started.

Mary...i just try to go by the rule of thumb that "if i don't know the nutrition label...i don't eat it" That has seemed to help me. The wife even got on me for measuring my salad dressing at home. However, i have lost 6 lbs since joing, and even lost 2-3 over thanksgiving, so something is working, and i am sticking to what works...counting calories and eating the right foods to balance out the day with a good exercise program seems to have a strong working combo for me...best of luck and hang in there.:bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    You can do this Mary.
    It seems a bit overwhelming at first but you can do this. Remember to drink enough water. The first while can be tough getting past the cravings of sugary and carb snacks but those do pass. It is well worth going through the cravings to not have them. It takes time for your body to adjust but it feels great once you have. Protein and fiber are good things to watch I have found for myself because they keep you feeling satisfied. Listen to your body because it is a great way to gage how you are doing.

Welcome!!:flowerforyou:

Eve
  • that is a good rule of thumb. thank you for the advice. good luck on the weight loss.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Is that your little girl? She is quite adorable. My kids are such a great inspiration because they want to go do things. My youngest loves to run and go to the park. He is 5 and I want him to continue to do that. My 12 year old is heavy and I am trying to help him gain confidence in himself and help him enjoy activities again. It is not easy. My 15 year old daughter is always busy and keeps us all on our toes.

Keep those little ones in mind they can be a part of whatever you do.

Eve
  • no that is my niece / god daughter. my children are 5 and 4. my children are the reason i am trying to get healthy. i want to be there for them. they are my whole world and i am theirs. thank you for the rply. really appreciated it.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Hi i am new to this and i looking forward to losing all my weight. i am just confused on counting calories. so if anyone has a tip for the calorie counting please help. lol. i am a wife and a mother to two wonderful children. i love my life i just don't love the way i look. so nice to meet everyone and looking forward to getting this weight loss started.

Mary,

Nice to meet you. My name is April! I just keep and good eye on the nutrition labels. People may laugh but if it helps you lose weight, then do it. :) WE all know you can do it. We are here to support you. So lean on us and we will do the same when we need to.

Good luck and I am here if you need support.

April :drinker: