Just want to say

Options
that I absolutely love MFP!! This is probably the single greatest thing that was ever devised to help someone lose weight (apart from the food scale). In the "real world" people don't support weight loss. It's preached about on tv, in the media, and even family and friends will tell you "you need to lose weight." But when someone decides to do it, people give nasty remarks, shake their heads, roll their eyes, and at times do what ever they can to undermine a person's weight loss efforts. And sadly, sometimes these things come from the people who you would expect to be supportive, i.e. family and close friends. However, here, there is no judgment, no one tearing you down. I troll these forums all the time and see people on a regular basis being applauded for losing a pound, two pounds, even if they haven't lost any weight, people congratulate them for making the effort and encourage them to stick with it. Where else are you going to hear things like that? Certainly not at work, not on the street. Not even at a weight loss center. You'd hear "Well you're obviously not doing something right". It's such a positive community, and everyone here is so helpful and that's the thing. You get real suggestions. I've seen time and time again where someone said they needed help and people actually gave them advice. REAL advice, not just some lame blanket answer like "eat better." You all are truly a bright spot in my day. Anyway, lol, that's all i wanted to say. Thank you for reading, I know there were alot of rambling sentences, i'm sure you may need to rest your eyes after all this lol :smile:

Replies

• Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    Nice post. I agree its nice to have people who support you and understand what you are going through. This is such a positive place.