1200 calories per day trouble. =[

Options
2»

Replies

• lord_lethris
    lord_lethris Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If your always busy and active, make a note of it under "Exercise". Your still burning calories rushing about at work, this could be causing your hunger. So just add the burnt off calories to gain extra calories for the needed extra nurtition.

Its not just the diet, its your balanced lifestyle too, and it'll soon balance out.

I believe there is also a setting in the app that alows you to switch to "active lifestyle", this will compensate the calorie count too.

Gd luck
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the helpful tips! This has given me motivation to keep going! Idk what I would do without yall. :)
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I generally (today was a major exception) have low-cal supplements for breakfast and save my calories for later in the day, when I'm hungrier. I try to stick to foods that have a low glycemic index so they will keep me fuller longer. Also, avoid bread - that stuff is loaded with calories and will just make you want more and more!

There are a lot of breads that are low GI. Nutty, grainy breads are very low GI.
    http://www.burgen.com.au/nutrition/glycemic_index.aspx

Yeah, like I mentioned, some breads are better than others. But even low g-i breads still have a lot of calories (with the apparent exception of weight watchers bread, which I've never tried) and still have an addictive effect on a large portion of the population.
  • cocobeenie
    Options
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

I've been there! It was awful... When I first started MFP I didnt know I had to eat my exercise calories. I started out with a normal BMI and starvation made made me really loopy. I was weak and dizzy all the time, my concentration sucked, and I was just not there at all. Since I started eating my exercise calories I feel like a human being again.
  • lord_lethris
    lord_lethris Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    .... (with the apparent exception of weight watchers bread, which I've never tried) ...

Don't bother, its fowl. and goes brittle quickly in the toaster, even lightly toasted is like 'crunching' a stale rivita - AND thats with butter - and the calorie difference isn't worth it.

Kingmill 50/50 is good.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i couldnt manage 1200 either.

i changed mine to half a pound loss a week and that gave me 1330 and even that slight difference made it a lot easier, but i still struggle, so i try and do more exercise to give me calories to eat back :)