New, and with before/after pics from before MFP (75lb loss!)

Options
Hi there! I'm new to MFP but not the weight loss journey. :) I started last year, finally keeping to that new year's resolution. Heaviest I remember getting (because I eventually just avoided the scale altogether) was 213lbs. I'm currently 138!! I passed my original goal of 140 but I'm not done yet- not until that "jiggle" goes away and I'm toned up! These last lbs are the hardest, so I hope to find new motivation here, since I've REALLY been slacking big time. I think I've gotten into that, "Haven't I done enough?? Can I be done now?!" phase. I hope my new friends here can get me back on track to finally finish what I've started! I've always been the "big girl", always made fun of throughout the school years, so this is a very new feeling for me- to be in a size M/7! My current goal is now 125. :)

Before: 213-ish lbs

TaylorFireworks2008058.jpg

TaylorFireworks2008014.jpg

AFTER! 138

jovieandme.jpg

me.jpg

The after is much easier to show. :P It's kind of embarrassing looking back at pictures. I don't have many, since I used to try to hide from the camera.

Here's to new friends and motivation! :)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed. Be proud! You look awesome. :)
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Although, you weren't really too heavy to begin with, your before pictures were very pretty! Don't be ashamed of them. We can't change who we were. Your before pictures showed you were basically just like most of American women these days. Curvy but still pretty! However you look much healthier and happier now. Congrats again!
  • jovie929
    jovie929 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks! It's definitely easier to run around after nephews and puppies without the extra weight hanging around. ;)
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Good Luck with those last few pds!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome! Great Job!
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    You look amazing! Although, you weren't really too heavy to begin with, your before pictures were very pretty! Don't be ashamed of them. We can't change who we were. Your before pictures showed you were basically just like most of American women these days. Curvy but still pretty! However you look much healthier and happier now. Congrats again!

Ditto! Well said!!!!

Your are adorable:flowerforyou:
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Stand proud!! WOOOOWWWW!!!
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Woah! Super cute!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of all the changes you have made and how far you have come. That is a great accomplishment wear it with pride! You look great! I will show my "before" pics to anyone because it feels good to know that I have made such a big change in my life. PLUS you are just gorgeous regardless on weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well...
    Smiles :)
    Ang
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look awesome you should be so proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are so inspirational to me! And you are a beautiful girl! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing it really helps!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    You look great!!!! Give me some of that motivation!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Beautifully done hon! It never ceases to amaze me how much younger people look when they loose weight. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we smile more when we are thinner. I think it has something to do with not having to lug around extra weight. Way to go, you look wonderful!
  • mlm7944
    mlm7944 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! Great job so far! You should be very proud!! You are beautiful, both in the before photos and the after. It's just so nice that you've made the commitment to live a healthier life and to feel good about yourself. You've found the right place for motivation and great tools to help you meet your goal...it's closer than you think!

Welcome! Feel free to "befriend" me! :)
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    unbelievable - now the true motivation is - the difference between mediocre and great people is the final mile that no one wants to run - r u great or mediocre? thats all up to you
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. I need some motivation because I am in a slump right now wanting to give up for the fact I of course haven't seen any real results but I did have some weight loss earlier on. I just need to get myself on a regular schedule again. You look great, wear it proudly.
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic; thanks for inspiring me too!
  • sainidirahh
    Options
    omg, amazing, inspirational!! thanks for sharing!!
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! I needed that!!!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job there matey! Really top effort!

You do look great!

Dont be embarrassed by older pictures...
    They should instead serve as a reminder of you're obviously solid efforts to better yourself. You should show these before and after shots with pride!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!