trying to find a new me...

tracylee20
tracylee20 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone, my name is Tracy and I am 23 years old and live in WI. So my whole life I was pretty fit and thin and then after high school I got an office job and now sit on my butt all day. About 2 years ago I joined weight watchers and lost about 40 pounds I had put on. Then I met someone and we moved in together and for some reason I put that 40 back on plus some.

So this someone and I decided to end things :brokenheart: and go our separate ways. However we are still living together right now, our lease isn't up until the Sept 1st. So I am going to try and turn my life around. Life with him was very hard, we argued, he called me horrible names, we sat in the house all the time, I took care of his daughter, it was just very hard and stressful. So here we go, I am going to start watching my calories thanks a bunch to this website. I also decided I need to start working out again too so I am working on that as well.

Oh and I can't forget I decided to go back to school and take some classes on sign language. Something I have always wanted to learn but never took the time to do it. I am super excited to start!

So here I am ready to turn my life around, I hope to keep reading everyones posts about everything and gets lots of motivation and helpful tips that way. So thanks in advance to everyone for posting great tips!

Replies

• Hey everyone, my name is Tracy and I am 23 years old and live in WI. So my whole life I was pretty fit and thin and then after high school I got an office job and now sit on my butt all day. About 2 years ago I joined weight watchers and lost about 40 pounds I had put on. Then I met someone and we moved in together and for some reason I put that 40 back on plus some.

So this someone and I decided to end things :brokenheart: and go our separate ways. However we are still living together right now, our lease isn't up until the Sept 1st. So I am going to try and turn my life around. Life with him was very hard, we argued, he called me horrible names, we sat in the house all the time, I took care of his daughter, it was just very hard and stressful. So here we go, I am going to start watching my calories thanks a bunch to this website. I also decided I need to start working out again too so I am working on that as well.

Oh and I can't forget I decided to go back to school and take some classes on sign language. Something I have always wanted to learn but never took the time to do it. I am super excited to start!

So here I am ready to turn my life around, I hope to keep reading everyones posts about everything and gets lots of motivation and helpful tips that way. So thanks in advance to everyone for posting great tips!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Yay, you ARE at a turning point, ready to find youself again!

Welcome and good luck! You'll do great! :flowerforyou:
  • YOU GO!!! Great decision . . . :flowerforyou: good luck to you and God Bless!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Best of luck to you! You came to the right place for motivation & support! :flowerforyou:
  • greeneggsam
    greeneggsam Posts: 121
    Wow! sounds like a lot of change happening right now - the perfect time to start a new nutrition plan!

I know where you are coming from. I too can attribute my weight gain to getting an office job after school, and I am also taking classes (Spanish, not sign language) to do what I have never done before. I'm sorry to hear you are doing the awkward post-relationship-roommate thing. I can't even imagine!

Best of luck to you! Everyone on the boards here is great for support - for food, exercise, and life!
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    I think that's awesome that you are making changes that will make you feel great. Remember to take one step at a time and stay positive!!
  • Thank you all so very much! I can use all the help I can get right now.

One thing to add to my changing is to quit smoking. Is that a good idea right now? Or will that cause more stress for me? Am I pilling it on to thick?

Thanks again to everyone!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I can tell you that the more you work out, the less you will want to smoke. Every day I want to work harder, to burn more calories, so I actually avoid smoking because it kills my ability to work out aerobicly as hard and fast as I want to.

I do think you shouldn't put too much on your plate all at once. Maybe give the new healthy eating and exercising a few weeks to settle in, and then start to focus on the smoking. ? Just my humble opinion. :blushing:
  • See now that's the thing is I don't last very long anymore when I workout due to the fact of smoking I imagine. I just run out of breath to quick. Maybe for now I can try to not smoke like an hour before workouts? Do you think that would help any or prolly not?

P.S. you are great, thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.