AWESOME Motivation tool--virtual walk/run/ride across Americ

Options
Just found this site run by the government that allows you to track miles run/walked/ridden and translates it to a virtual journey across the country! How cool is that?

You can even select a partner or create a team!

I created one for us--it's called MFP. Come on and join and let's see how far we can all travel!

Search for the group MFP and join!

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=69C01A075DE32FD2A042FCE801A0D74A

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Just found this site run by the government that allows you to track miles run/walked/ridden and translates it to a virtual journey across the country! How cool is that?

You can even select a partner or create a team!

I created one for us--it's called MFP. Come on and join and let's see how far we can all travel!

Search for the group MFP and join!

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=69C01A075DE32FD2A042FCE801A0D74A
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    looks cool. I will check into that.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Do you have to register before you can search for the team?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Looks like since I'm the one who created the "MFP TEAM" that I have to invite others to join it. :ohwell:

so, if you do sign up for this--AND IT'S FREE!--then let me know your user name and I will search for and add you.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Looks like since I'm the one who created the "MFP TEAM" that I have to invite others to join it. :ohwell:

so, if you do sign up for this--AND IT'S FREE!--then let me know your user name and I will search for and add you.

er, um...
    "Your private login ID is:
    cllg52933"

See if you can find me by that?? If not, I'll pm you my first and last name to search up.
  • shorerider
    Options
    COME ON GUYS! SIGN UP!
  • shorerider
    Options

er, um...
    "Your private login ID is:
    cllg52933"

See if you can find me by that?? If not, I'll pm you my first and last name to search up.

I need your name--what you put in for your first and last name when you signed up. I didn't use my real name for it by the way but went by my MFP name, so you can go into the site, go to settings, and then change your name fields to reflect whatever you want, and then let me know what that is. I have to search by the name used not log-in ID.

Sorry!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i signed up "chipper m" everytime i went into groups it told me error.
    chipper
  • shorerider
    Options
    ARGHH-- I don't see either of you on there, so i can't add. Not sure why not?? But you can still join by yourselves and track. It's still cool.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options

So glad you said this, have been going ape figuring a way to cut through all the names to find MFP ...I would like to be added, user 52932:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    YEA--I got chilli added! Still working on the others.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Chipper, what is your user number? I was able to add chilli using that.

Lauryn, I still can't find anything using your user number
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    pfkv52942
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    Can you add me too?

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, help find me!

# 52947
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This looks fun. user no. 52948
  • shorerider
    Options
    OK! I've got everybody added except for Lauryn now. For some reason, it still keeps coming up as not found.

Anyway, you can click on showing your exercise log, then select "show my teams" and it will show you how far we've gone as a team!

You can also just select to see how far you've gone by yourself.

I started with my bike miles for today-I was going to add in all I've gone since June but decided to start fresh today with everyone else.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Oh, and it starts in Yorktown, VA as that is the first milepost for the TransAmerica path (I guess).
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Anyway, you can click on showing your exercise log, then select "show my teams" and it will show you how far we've gone as a team!

help! I can get to the page, but I can't find the "show my teams" spot!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Should be on the "Exercise Log" page, scroll down and look under "My Progress Detail". There's a little select circle that shows up on mine.