PLEASE can someone help me. I am losing the will ...... :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• kpbearden
    Options
    NO MATTER WHAT....DONT QUIT YOU CAN WIN THIS BATTLE.........WATER, WATER,WATER. REDUCE CARBS, WATCH YOUR CALORIE INTAKE......I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU......ANOTHER THING THAT MAY BE HELPFUL IS TO WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN IN YOUR FOOD DIARY....I AM SPEAKING TO ME AS WELL.......YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO TRY HAVING YOUR LAST MEAL OF THE DAY NO LATER THAN 7PM. HANG IN THERE.....YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    I try not to eat after my dinner in the evening, as I find that if I snack at night I seem to always be hungry. My other enemy is bread. If I eat more than 2 slices of this a day I end up bloated, so I limit myself to just the 2 slices and if I can go without I will. Maybe try and eat more veggies, you can always pad out a meal with veggies, as most of them (not all) are low in calories. Also I think the tip about eating 6 small meals a day is a good one. I make sure and have a healthy snack mid morning and one mid afternoon, so I am not trying to go 5 hours in a morning between my breakfast and lunch and again between my lunch and dinner. Last of all keep going....you can do this and you will do this
  • zoereese
    zoereese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories Take a look at this topic. I know it's a long topic but people discuss different ideas, and the original poster seems to be a trainer. Maybe this will help to explain some things. I wasn't sure if this would come up as a link so I just copied the address for you to copy into your browser. I am not an expert but it made sense to me. At 5' 2", I am only allowed 1200 calories per day and eat several small meals or "snacks" throughout the day. We know you can figure this out. Good Luck on your journey.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    As a longtime veteran of the diet wars I think I have finally learned a few things. One thing I've learned is that it is mostly mental-if you think you can do it you will. The other thing is that I will never lose weight as quickly as I want to or think I should. Another thing is that impatience is my biggest enemy=getting discouraged if I'm not losing weight every week.

I have been stuck for weeks at a time at the same weight, but slowly it's coming off. One thing I started doing is monitoring my sodium intake. You can edit your diary to monitor this for you. I try to keep it under 1500 per day. I have had some success with this.

I only weigh once a week-daily fluctuations are discouraging. I tell myself before getting on the scale that I'm in this for the long haul and that I will not get discouraged at what the scale says. So far, I'm hanging in there. I've lost +/- 20 pounds since the beginning of January. It seems very slow to me, but coworkers have started to comment that I'm losing weight so quickly!

You can do this if you really want to.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    WOW I also think your calories are too high. Let MFP calculate them for you automatically. I am 5ft 9" and MFP tells me to eat 1500 calories to lose 1lb a week. I was on 1200 calories to lose 2lbs per week.

Exercise calories debate will never ever go away. I eat half of them back just to be on the safe side so maybe try that. I am a firm believer of different things work for different people though.

Also, make sure you are eating sensibly. Sounds stupid but sticking to 1200 calories is all well and good but if they all come from pre packaged, sugary foods you are going nowhere.

Good luck! Dont give up! Think of how amazing you will feel when you do it!