GOAL! 46lbs lost, no more pouch! Pics...

Options
curleesam
curleesam Posts: 462 Member
I finally hit my pre pregnancy weight last week and promised I would upload some updated pictures. I am sorry I really couldnt bring myself to do the obligatory bikini/underwear shots so you have gymwear shots (this is a fitness site after all!)

I wont give you the loooonnnng story but I will say that I have never been fat or overweight so after the birth of my daughter I was very disappointed to learn I had 45lbs to lose... My confidence was very low, I had a tummy pouch and I thought I would never fit into my old wardrobe yet 6 months later here I am. I am so pleased but man was it hard work!!

I am now striving towards my ultimate goal of 161lbs.

Thanks to all my pals on here, you have helped loads and loads but I must admit it probably has a little bit to do with my competitive nature...LOL

Good luck everyone!

P.S - I swear you need a degree to get this photo thing to work....!!! For the life of me I cannot resize the 4th and 6th pictures so that you can see a full frame. D'oh!

Three days after I gave birth and 220lbs
DSC_0137.jpg

I think this one was around January time when I was around 200lbs
P1020356.jpg

About a month later I had lost a further 8-10lbs I think
IMG_0538.jpg

And today... last weighed a week ago at 174lbs

P1020447.jpg

P1020449.jpg

the pouch is gone!
P1020446.jpg

and a face shot!

P1020454.jpg

Replies

• Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    you look awsome girl!!!! great job!! Keep doing what ur doing and chuggin along and in no time u will be at that ultimate goal wout a doubt =)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!! Way to go & keep up the great dedication!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kelso_sarah
    kelso_sarah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Well done, you look amazing!! I'm in the same position, had my baby 4 weeks ago. I'm determined to get back into my skinny jeans. Have you got any tips, especially regarding the pouch - your stomach looks great!! :happy:
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    this is awesome!!! I want your stomach lol
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing your pic's! You look AWESOME!!!!! :love: I am so happy for you!!! :drinker:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Good job gorgeous!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    great job. you look wonderful.
  • curleesam
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ur looking fab wll done:flowerforyou:
  • curleesam
    Options
    Hi there. Well done, you look amazing!! I'm in the same position, had my baby 4 weeks ago. I'm determined to get back into my skinny jeans. Have you got any tips, especially regarding the pouch - your stomach looks great!! :happy:

Yes the dreaded pouch...! I hated that thing! I just did lots and lots of cardio...was doing 1 hour for 5-6 times a week in the beginning then in the last month or so I do more crunches, reverse crunches and planks. It is really those that have helped with the definition but the cardio got the fat off.

It can be done!

p.s I should probably give a shout out to my supportive hubby as well who encouraged me to gym on the days I didnt feel like it and stayed at home with our daughter after a long day at work while I gymmed almost every day.
  • chicken70
    Options
    Well done, you look great and you've motivated me. I'm just starting out in my attempt to lose my baby weight, so thank you. You've shown me I can do it!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Terrific story and terrific pics!
    You are an inspiration.
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    You are doing great - keep it up!
  • BecH3
    BecH3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well done you x You look fab :)

I had my 3rd baby 6 months ago now and i've still got i long way to go to find my figure (i know its in here somewhere! lol) My profile pic is where i'm trying to get back to :(

Because this one doesn't sleep well, and i'm still breast feeding, I 've only been trying properly for the last month or so. I know i'll get there slowly but surely. Eating properly and exercising cardio+strength is hard!

All the more credit to you!
  • blueasha
    blueasha Posts: 8
    Options
    Just WOW! You look amazing!

As a Mum of three I had resigned myself to never losing the dreaded 'flap' but you've shown that it can be done! I shall continue with my nasty belly blaster DVD with renewed vigour!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Claire x
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    HOW DO I GET RID OF BELLY FAT?
  • curleesam
    Options
    HOW DO I GET RID OF BELLY FAT?

Lots and lots of cardio worked for me. I would say in the beginning I did 95% cardio and 5% strength training. Now I try to do 50-50 of each. But I had a lot to lose. The toning exercises that worked for me are reverse crunches, crunches and planks. I have also heard reducing processed sugar helps and I did completely cut that out in the beginning. I now allow myself a little bit.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    you look amazing well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!