Replies

• littlemuffin
    littlemuffin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    I just made these Parmesan Spinach Cakes last weekend and they were so good. Little warm cheesy bites of goodness. Bonus is they are already in the MFP database!

(From Eating Well Magazine, my changes are in parenthesis)

4 servings, 2 spinach cakes each
    Per serving: 141 calories; 8 g fat ( 4 g sat , 3 g mono ); 123 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 2 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 560 mg potassium.

12 ounces fresh spinach (I used 10 oz. of frozen, thawed, and well drained)
    1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese (I used cottage cheese)
    1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
    2 large eggs, beaten
    1 clove garlic, minced (I doubled the garlic)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.

Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).

Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.

Here is the link to the recipe:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_spinach_cakes.html

YUMMMMY!!! THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee it with olive oil, garlic cloves and a touch of sea salt. I also love it in eggs or in a veggie wrap.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Stuff it inside hamburger patties the next time you fire up the grill!

I like it on toast with a bit of mozzarella.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    EAT DAT STUFF LIKE SALAD OMNONOM!
    Also, you can make green smoothies by mixing it with some sort of flavored syrup or protein powder, a banana, and milk (as well as some other fruit or yogurt you might like to add). You can't taste the spinach at all, but it's a lot more filling.