Twinsburg Weekend - Help us both!

Options
Glammy
Glammy Posts: 115 Member
OK, so this weekend is the "World's largest annual gathering of twins" in Twinsburg, Ohio. My twin and I have been going every year for 6 years now. We love it! it's our time to be WILD & CRAZY :tongue: !
It is such a great family-friendly environment and it's so cool to see almost 2000 sets of twins (most dressed alike).
I'm looking for support because I know we're going to get sucked into the fair-like foods we nosh on every year: buttered corn on the cob, funnel cakes, pizza. I don't remember ever seeing a place to buy a salad...:grumble: I'm sure we'll be walking a lot - I'm guessing 2-4 hours of on our feet time, walking in the parade Saturday morning, visiting all the vendors, dancing both Friday and Saturday nights, etc.
I don't know if I'll be able to jump online to MFP at the hotel to track food and exercise.
I want to relax and have a great time, but I'm so obsessed about losing the weight and making my life style change a real habit, I don't want to sabotage myself!
Any suggestions?

BTW: visit twinsdays.org for Twinsfest information

Replies

• Glammy
    Options
    OK, so this weekend is the "World's largest annual gathering of twins" in Twinsburg, Ohio. My twin and I have been going every year for 6 years now. We love it! it's our time to be WILD & CRAZY :tongue: !
    It is such a great family-friendly environment and it's so cool to see almost 2000 sets of twins (most dressed alike).
    I'm looking for support because I know we're going to get sucked into the fair-like foods we nosh on every year: buttered corn on the cob, funnel cakes, pizza. I don't remember ever seeing a place to buy a salad...:grumble: I'm sure we'll be walking a lot - I'm guessing 2-4 hours of on our feet time, walking in the parade Saturday morning, visiting all the vendors, dancing both Friday and Saturday nights, etc.
    I don't know if I'll be able to jump online to MFP at the hotel to track food and exercise.
    I want to relax and have a great time, but I'm so obsessed about losing the weight and making my life style change a real habit, I don't want to sabotage myself!
    Any suggestions?

BTW: visit twinsdays.org for Twinsfest information
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My advice:

Go have a good time and don't stress!!!

Try to limit the amounts of fair food, but don't restrict yourself completely. Maybe only choose a couple of your favorite fair foods instead of multiples. If you can sneak in structured exercise, do it.

Seriously, how much weight could you possibly put on in a weekend? Not that much. Don't stress this! The memories with your twin sister outweigh putting on a couple pounds and coming back to work those off. :wink:

BTW, every time I see your picture, I think you look identical to my own sister :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    So how'd it go?
    Any pictures? We'd love to see them!
  • Glammy
    Options
    We had a great time! We walked a LOT, I made my sister do 30 minutes of Water Aerobics in the hotel pool, and we ate REALLY bad! :laugh:
    Here are some pics:
    TwinsdaysSunday.jpg

MaryMarthaSyncSwim.jpg