protein shakes... should i or shouldn't i?

Options
2»

Replies

• cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's my opinion that they're only really useful if you are a bodybuilder trying to put on bulk in a hurry. They're a fake food, without the nutrients, probiotics, yadda, yadda, yadda, found in real food. Protein is ridiculously easy to obtain in our culture.

protein may be accessable in our culture but getting enough each day can prove to be a task. Suplementing with a protein powder isn't bad. also, anyone working out should try for higher protein consumption daily simply to aid in recovery not necessarily to bulk up.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's my opinion that they're only really useful if you are a bodybuilder trying to put on bulk in a hurry. They're a fake food, without the nutrients, probiotics, yadda, yadda, yadda, found in real food. Protein is ridiculously easy to obtain in our culture.

Whey protein is derived from milk. Thats like saying the casein in cottage cheese doesn't have nutrients.

It works well if you're on a cut or bulking. Protein intake should be kept high during a cut to prevent muscle loss.

So you're saying that when otherwise healthy foods are processed, they don't lose nutrients?

My statement still stands.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options

protein may be accessable in our culture but getting enough each day can prove to be a task. Suplementing with a protein powder isn't bad. also, anyone working out should try for higher protein consumption daily simply to aid in recovery not necessarily to bulk up.

Work is work. Taking the easy road hasn't been working for people, has it? Protein is all around. Nuts, meat, hell, even asparagus.

How much protein do you think you need for "recovery", anyhow?
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1g for 1lb is what I've always read/been told.