Lost 13.6lb but feel fatter than ever????

Options
Hi guys

I am feeling a little down hearted, I have lost 13.6lb over the last 10 weeks (and in that time I had a birthday with MASSIVE celebrations). I have improved my eating and drinking habits, and increased my exercise, yet I feel like I look fatter and flabbier than I ever have done. I know I am heading the right way, but I feel like I look worse and its a bit disheartening.

Not sure what this rank is getting at, but thought it would be better to get it off my chest rather than keep it bottled up.

Thanks for listening to my moan

Louise xxx

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Thats a decent amount of weight lost in a relatively short time so you may well be "flabbier" your skin takes a while to catch up when you lose it fast and unfortunately can make you feel wobblier. Get some body butter/moisuriser and start massaging your skin and now is the time to start toning up. I felt te same at 17lbs down and now am feeling it again so am stepping up the toning exercises

Well done on your loss so far, don't let the wobbles put you off!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Measure, please.....I don't know if you did it from the get go, but start now if not...sometimes the appearance of fat changes when you put more muscle underneath so it's looks worse not better initially....believe was just thinking the same thing recently...BUT i know I have lost a good number of inches and I am significantly stronger based on my physical abilities. So seeing the numbers from measurements helps me keep my spirits up ;)

((((hugs))))
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I used to be a UK 16 & felt happy with myself, my weight never bothered me. But now I've dropped the weight, I'm down to a UK 10/12 & feel horrible, feel bigger than I ever have before.
    I think it's mostly 'cause where my skin was stretched out from being bigger & how fast I lost the weight, my skin hasn't gone back.
    Start measuring yourself maybe pick up some of that moisturiser thats meant to help tighten up your skin. :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing? If you are not already you may want to incorporate some strength training. That will tone you up.
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I went through that too. I couldn't understand how I could lose so much weight, which was what I wanted for so long, and still feel awful about myself. It does get better with time, but strength & toning exercises really helped me. It's not just about losing weight, it's about toning, firming & shaping your body through exercise. That's when I really started to feel better about myself! You can do it, hang in there! xx