so disapointing

So, I was doing good. Down five pounds.. nothing changed. I am not eating bad foods, I'm getting just enough water and exercising the minimal recommendation of three days. It is all i have time for these day.
But today, Although I do not feel heavier I gained those pounds back!
What is a girl to do when this goes on over and over again. I get happy for the loss and disapointed when it comes back.

:sad:

Replies

• Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    So, I was doing good. Down five pounds.. nothing changed. I am not eating bad foods, I'm getting just enough water and exercising the minimal recommendation of three days. It is all i have time for these day.
    But today, Although I do not feel heavier I gained those pounds back!
    What is a girl to do when this goes on over and over again. I get happy for the loss and disapointed when it comes back.

:sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    If you are nearing your cycle, might be water weight.
    I gain between 3-5lbs at my TOM.
  • Erica92627
    If you are nearing your cycle, might be water weight.
    I gain between 3-5lbs at my TOM.

You have a cousin Tom too? LOL

Very true. These months with 5 weeks are annoying. Throws everything off. My Aunt Flows flight is due to land in a day or two. She always drops off my cousin Tom who annoys the heck out of me.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    I hate my cousin TOM, although I'm always elated that he's showing up, and he doesnt bring any children, as soon as he gets here he punches me in the stomach and then I want him to leave ASAP!!! :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Cheer up ladies, one of these days you'll be old and "Tom" won't visit anymore! (Or, at least my fingers are crossed, since it's been a good 4 months THIS time since his last visit!)
    As far as getting discouraged if you're not losing much, the slower it comes off, the more likely it'll STAY off!
    All I can say is drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, get your exercise in, (I walk and dance to fast oldies in my living room) and stay under your daily numbers, and the weight WILL come off!
  • Erica92627
    That is actually promising. I hope that is true, that the longer it takes for the weight to come off the longer it will stay off!

And so true about being punched in the stomach and wanting it (TOM) to go away right away. I look foward to that day, and for the departure at the same time.
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Yeah be happy about the TOM -- it keeps you young. I havn't had that in two years and it is harder and harder to loose weight and my body is dropping at an outstanding rate. I mean, really I know where my fanny use to be. LOL I workout 5 times a week - couldn't imagine how I would look if I didn't.