Wow, how's this for will power!!

Options
Last night my fella and I were having a pizza from the freezer for our dinner. He was concerned that it wouldn't be enough (i wasn't concerned but didn't say anything) so he went to our local chippy and bought a small portion of chips to share between us. Anyway, i had worked out my calories for the pizza and then i weighed 150g of chips and then worked out the calories for them and was horrified when they came up at over 350 calories!!!! I am very proud to say that i didn't eat a single chip, despite them being on my plate and just chucked them in the bin! Considering chip shop chips are one of my favourite things to eat (but i rarely ever ever eat them), i am so chuffed that i didn't touch one and actually threw them away!! My fella also came back with a bottle of wine too (another of my weaknesses) and guess what?? Yup, i said NO THANKS when he offered me a glass!!

WOAH!! GO ME!!! I have to say that i cant believe that i have actually been that strong!! yay!!!

:drinker:

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WTG!!:smile:
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    he woulda had me at the wine :D good for you!
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow, well done you! I don't think I could've refused the wine lol!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Good for you!! Just say no!! LOL
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • amyleader101316
    Options
    It is so great when you realise just how easy it is to say no and how great you feel knowing that it didn't beat you, well done! :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I had a similar victory yesterday. I was taking my mom to various appointments and she asked if I would stop at Popeyes Chicken so she could pick up some lunch (we're from New Orleans and love Popeye's!). She kept offering to buy me lunch and even though I was hungry, I couldn't imagine putting all that grease in my system anymore, so I told her I wasn't hungry.

I was raised eating Popeye's and for many years it's been one of my favorite foods, so this was huge for me! Once we got to her home my mom proceded to eat her lunch, and I pulled out a bag of raw sunflower seeds for a snack, to hold me over until I could get home and eat a full meal. By the way I try to talk my mom out of eating fast food and she does a good job avoiding it, but sometimes at 76 years old she just wants it her way!!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had a similar victory yesterday. I was taking my mom to various appointments and she asked if I would stop at Popeyes Chicken so she could pick up some lunch (we're from New Orleans and love Popeye's!). She kept offering to buy me lunch and even though I was hungry, I couldn't imagine putting all that grease in my system anymore, so I told her I wasn't hungry.

I was raised eating Popeye's and for many years it's been one of my favorite foods, so this was huge for me! Once we got to her home my mom proceded to eat her lunch, and I pulled out a bag of raw sunflower seeds for a snack, to hold me over until I could get home and eat a full meal. By the way I try to talk my mom out of eating fast food and she does a good job avoiding it, but sometimes at 76 years old she just wants it her way!!

Wow, well done yourself!! That's brilliant willpower!!

As for the wine, i wont be so strong tonight as it's a Friday night tradition and i'm not one for breaking tradition........ :laugh: :wink:
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY AWESOME!!!! HOORAY!!! :D
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY AWESOME!!!! HOORAY!!! :D

Hahaha!! Thank you!! :bigsmile: