Moosewood cookbooks

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
A friend of mine was mentioning a rather famous Restraunt in Ithica called "The Moosewood" which specializes in healthy and vegetarian dishes. They have a series of cookbooks available, and I'm considering picking one or two of them up. However, they're a touch expensive (~30$ a piece). Before I go opening the wallet - has anyone used them? Are they worth it?

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    A friend of mine was mentioning a rather famous Restraunt in Ithica called "The Moosewood" which specializes in healthy and vegetarian dishes. They have a series of cookbooks available, and I'm considering picking one or two of them up. However, they're a touch expensive (~30$ a piece). Before I go opening the wallet - has anyone used them? Are they worth it?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
  • msarro
    Options
    Why oh why did I look at those just before lunch time. They all look soooooo good!!!!!!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes they do!!! I'm actually glad you posted this, because now I'm making the vegan lasagna for dinner! I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

I have had thoughts recently, about fresh fast food that is actually GOOD for you. You would think that with the way some people are trying to watch their salt/fat/calorie intake, someone would come up with a way to start a FAST FOOD CHAIN that caters to this crowd. It just can't be that there are so few of us that investors don't think they could make any money at it!!

I'm betting that if it was the right kind of place, people would FLOCK to it, having finally been given an alternative to McD's, BK, TacoBell, or KFC. There are many nights, especially on PAY DAY, that I would love to skip cooking and have a place to go where I wouldn't have to worry about damaging all the hard work I do.

I"m betting that people who don't normally even think about worrying about food, who eat frequently at McD/BK/TB/KFC, would also probably go ahead IT one of their new stops!

Now all we need is for someone to take that plunge.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

I have had thoughts recently, about fresh fast food that is actually GOOD for you. You would think that with the way some people are trying to watch their salt/fat/calorie intake, someone would come up with a way to start a FAST FOOD CHAIN that caters to this crowd. It just can't be that there are so few of us that investors don't think they could make any money at it!!

I'm betting that if it was the right kind of place, people would FLOCK to it, having finally been given an alternative to McD's, BK, TacoBell, or KFC. There are many nights, especially on PAY DAY, that I would love to skip cooking and have a place to go where I wouldn't have to worry about damaging all the hard work I do.

I"m betting that people who don't normally even think about worrying about food, who eat frequently at McD/BK/TB/KFC, would also probably go ahead IT one of their new stops!

Now all we need is for someone to take that plunge.

would also probably go ahead "and make " IT one of their new stops!
  • msarro
    Options
    All it takes is one person to make a restraunt and start selling franchises :)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Moosewood brownies are the best! Made with whole wheat flour.